Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I'm honored to be nominated especially from Win7Mac but I recently have very limited time and as you can see my involvement here and on IRC has diminished during the last months.

Thus I will not accept the nomination but I promise I'll try to be a bit more active during the next term.

Thanks to all.

M.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
thx for the nomination anyway since I dont own a n900 I feel I am not enough representative for this community ... but I still use n9 n950 and jp1... got n810 and n770 too ...

Still waiting to make a decision

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks for your confidence and the nomination list.
Just briefly: I am not yet decided. So give me some time, please.

Til when is nomination period? (is it July 14th?)
And what would happen if we again would not have enough candidates?

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
If so, ... it would be churlish of me not to volunteer, if that is acceptable.
Please check your karma on maemo.org and put your nomination on mailing list (everyone is free to step up).

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I'm gretaful to be on the list but I just don't feel I would be good enough, the community here is really great and there a lot of people far more worthy than me.
It is not about being eligible, it is about survival cmon.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Personally, I would prefer to see a few names that have not already served on Council or Board in the past couple years (at least for the Council positions).
Yes, a few new names/new flesh may help, but I also would like to have at least one dinosaur on CC.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I encourage those that wish to see this community continue, that have not already participated in this fashion, to nominate themselves and/or take actions to make themselves eligible. One relies on the other.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I appreciate nomination, and I do accept the nomination.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Thus I will not accept the nomination but I promise I'll try to be a bit more active during the next term.
One of the above mentioned dinosaurs

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Still waiting to make a decision
Cmon, let's do it.
But as said above I need to think about it, too

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I must say, I am very surprised (yet flattered) by this nomination, since I've been dormant for years now... (since th MeeGo project fiasco).
I am also heavily confused in what this community wants to be atm. It pities me, that Maemo is still at the same point where it was when I moved on (not that I do not have failed attempts to revive it on my own account).
I would very much like here to become the central hub of current Maemo activities again, but since the holders of Maemo7 development are simply ignoring TMO existence (when I don't blame them for not wanting to touch a trademark with a ten foot pole), I don't see that happening.

Well... having said that, if you still want "a guy with the attitude" on the council - vote for me. I have great sentiments for this community and I will help it to thrive, or if that's not possible to lay down gracefully.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes, a few new names/new flesh may help, but I also would like to have at least one dinosaur on CC.
Most of us "dinosaurs" are still available for reference, even if we don't have time to take an active role. (As witnessed by our continued activity here and other places.)

My worry is that without some new people, the older ones will burn out and/or move on rapidly before new members can get a foothold.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I guess someone have to look at the mailserver for maemo.org ...
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Niel. I vote for you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Niel. I vote for you.
You want me to hack the acces to the mailserver
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I nominate
  • pichlo
OMG! Can I turn away for five minutes without getting volunteered into something?

I appreciate the gesture and the trust but I really urge you to think again.
I...
  • Do not have an IRC account
  • Am online at odd hours and sometimes not for days at a time
  • Am not the fastest to respond to emails: sometimes it takes me weeks to reply
  • Do not have political ambitions, which is why I have never been a manager in my life (in fact, my last two jobs have taught me to consider the word "manager" as a pejorative)
  • Do not have a plan or strategy for the immediate, let alone the long term future of this forum
  • Have currently a rather busy period in my personal life (including no access to the PC, only my N900 for communication), which may make me respond even slower
  • And finally, am recently on the dole. Legally, you have to declare any work you do, paid or unpaid. So I foolishly told them that I contribute to open source software projects, which resulted in an immediate stop to my job seeker's allowance. This is being investigated and there is a small chance that I may get some of my allowance back but imagine the result if they found out that I am on the council of something!

So, please think again. If, having carefully read all of the above, you still think that I am a suitable candidate, then I am willing to accept the nomination. But please treat me as the last resort, when you do not get enogh other victimcandidates.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Not sure what to do. I really want to help but I really don't have mucht time as seen on my activity. When was my last useful contribution? Too long ago. Also I used to be more on IRC than the last six months.
Time is very limited so I don't know if I can handle it. OTOH it's a nice opportunity to contribute something... (Just thinking aloud)
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: