Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Im am so frustrated with this N900 some times but more so today. I have been experiancing desktop lockups like mad. since 8.30 this moorning Ive restarted my phone 4 times because of desktop lockup. I can still use all functions by touching the left top icon and going into the app screen to find the icon i want to use ie making a call or looking at picture etc.

So why is my desktop locking up so much for no reason? again Ive not got lots of apps running in the back ground or anything like that but I can put the phone down for 15- 20 mins, come back to use it and none of the icons work!... and no matter using the terminal to restart desktop results in a loss of widgets, so I have to restart, ive tried all of those command lines and left with most or all icons missing.. so thats out... surly there must be a fix for this as behind the desktop the phone is still running fine. Any help please.

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
hmmm...your blamming your device for this???
tell me what widgets did you use to on your desktop???

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
hmmm...your blamming your device for this???
tell me what widgets did you use to on your desktop???
Not blaming the desktop... Im not sure what to blame as Im not sure where the issue is... Im hoping some one can point me to the problem so i can fix it. Look here to see my desktops and all current widgets... let me know if you see anything that maybe causing my problem. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36439&page=407

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Last edited by Loz; 2011-08-06 at 12:34. Reason: adding url

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Look here to see my desktops and all current widgets... let me know if you see anything that maybe causing my problem
well i have seen your desktop....i presume that the missing icon again & again come from WebOS games right???
if it does then you need to know that WebOS games do cause some kind of problem if you add then to your desktop....right now this bug have not yet been fixed....
beside WebOS icon which other icon disappear after reboot???

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
All desktops lockup..every icon is not usable untill restart.. so this is why I say Im not sure were the cause is...!! Missing icons will happen when I do a kill all command and the desktop goes off then on again most icons on most screens are missing.

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Last edited by Loz; 2011-08-06 at 13:23. Reason: more info

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
This used to happen to me a lot when I had a few Queen Beacon widgets on my desktop. Now I got rid of them and have been fairly trouble free. Even Recaller used to crash when I was in a phonecall with QBW widgets, after getting rid of them, no problem with Recaller either.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
This used to happen to me a lot when I had a few Queen Beacon widgets on my desktop. Now I got rid of them and have been fairly trouble free. Even Recaller used to crash when I was in a phonecall with QBW widgets, after getting rid of them, no problem with Recaller either.
Hmmm!! maybe what I could do is get them off the desktops for a bit to monitor them!

Loz

www.vacrite.co.uk

Yeah, I got a stock N900. Never overclocked it or anything.

I used to have 4 QBW widgets: Battery Level, Battery MAH, Root FS Level, Memory Card % Left.

I liked them but my desktop would freeze up a hell of a lot. Losing my icons all the time.

But my main problem was with Recaller which I will never stop using if I can help it. It never used to stop recording after a phonecall and would just carry on indefinitely until I rebooted the damn phone. I couldn't stop it manually with the Icon on the Desktop because the Desktop had frozen, heh!

I got rid of all my widgets, including non QBW ones. And my problems stopped completely. I then slowly added widgets again over time, but not QBW ones, and I've never had any problems like this since. *touchwood*.

That was months ago.

I did notice that Processor and RAM widget on your Desktop. I used to have that on mine. I never did add that one back to my Desktop so if the problems persist, keep your eye on that one too.

It was a boring process of elimination. But I WAS plagued with these problems too.

"WAS".....thank fark! lol

Thanks man.. thats a good heads up... will remove them for a few days and check the out come. will report back once testing is done.

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Tags
hildon-desktop, queen beacon