Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Arrgh, so much noise.

1) Walk into Nokia store, buy N900

2) Walk into phone shop, pick up Tmobile sim card and £15 top up voucher

3) Credit voucher for 3GB/ 30 days internet.

Why use Tmobile? because its the only service that lets you use all the protocols including streaming and VOIP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Why use Tmobile? because its the only service that lets you use all the protocols including streaming and VOIP.
Apart from three, where I regularly stream from last.fm, and have made MANY phone calls over both Skype (which they actually encourage you to do) and SIP.

Originally Posted by pixelseventy2 View Post
Apart from three, where I regularly stream from last.fm, and have made MANY phone calls over both Skype (which they actually encourage you to do) and SIP.
True, 3 is good too, except Skype isnt true Voip.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
True, 3 is good too, except Skype isnt true Voip.
Skype is "Voice Over Internet Protocol" protocol, therefore IS VOIP. It also closed, proprietary and cr4p. VOIP doesn't define the protocol used. Cisco use their own closed protocol, which isn't Skype or SIP, but is still VOIP.

SIP (which isn't technically a VOIP protocol either, it uses RTP for the actual voice traffic) based services are much better, but I have friends who are only on Skype. I also run an Asterisk server at home for "real" VOIP, because I'm sad and geeky like that.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
T-mobile UK suck they block some services on there 3g networks, i cant even login some of my nokia services like n-gage with them so moved to o2
but after reading this i think 3UK is the way to go for me i think
@guy who made thread All you need is sim card which you can get for a couple £ from lot of places or just go in the networks shop and get sims for free

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
T-mobile UK suck they block some services on there 3g networks, i cant even login some of my nokia'ss services like n-gage with then so moved to o2 but after reading this i think 3Uk is the way to go for me
@guy who made thread All you need is sim card which you can get for a couple £ from lot of places or just go in the networks shop and get sims for free
Give three a go on PAYG. That's what I did about 3 years ago, figuring worst case I lose £10. I'm still with them, paying about £6-7 per month

cheers guys, you have given me some options to consider.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
more details on play.com

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...t.html?cur=257

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
T-mobile UK suck they block some services on there 3g networks, i cant even login some of my nokia services like n-gage with them so moved to o2
Its true they block some services on the basic package but as you move up the tier, things get unblocked.

I like this clear approach to services as i pay for what i want to use and when it doesnt work, i get to b*tch at Tmobile. Ive read every carriers EULA and from what ive seen Web n Walk Max is the least restrictive, i can even do torrents!