Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere..

I've got a 65MB /home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db file which I want to clear, whilst keeping contacts, calendar and sms.

The Nokia suite gives me repeated errors when I try to sync my messages, so I'm not really sure of the best way to backup only my calendar, contacts and notes.
I've read that the exchange sync for calendar and contacts can be flaky and will only do a certain time into the future? Is this still the same for google sync also? I want to sync my N9 to google.

Using the N9 backup procedure, if I delete the meta.db file, and then restore the backup, will all be okay? Rather confused.

thanks all!

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, the tracker DB does contain all that, so what is the thing you actually want to do; if you create a backup, delete the DB and then restore the backup you should by all means end up with identical DB

What you could do, of course, is to make backup, then copy the content of /home/user/.cache/tracker to a safe place, and then restore from the backup.
If you do not end up where you want, you can always restore it...

I think the safest way to copy/delete/modify the tracker DB is when you are not running Harmattan, booted to another OS or rescue mode...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, the tracker DB does contain all that, so what is the thing you actually want to do; if you create a backup, delete the DB and then restore the backup you should by all means end up with identical DB
Thanks.
It just surprises me that my messages, calendar entries, notes and contacts would equal 65MB.
Is it possible to use Google calendar to sync my calendar and contacts to? Or did that go the way of the dodo?

I am just trying to get as clean a device as possible after I flash it (again).

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post: