I'm running Blood Kain and have seen a noticable difference in performance...for the better! :-)

Thanks bud!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
This is basially a continuation of the past Dynamic CPU Scaling patch.

Install CPUTweak.deb, all default parameters will be set. On your Application menu, you should find the CPUTweak Configurator. It allows you to choose between 6 profiles:
1. Optimum
2. Blood Kain
3. Life Doubler
4. HD-Optimum
5. HD-Blood Kain
6. HD-Life Doubler
The configurator app is very user-friendly, you will know what to do directly.
More info about the profiles in post #6

Download and install the .deb package, optimum values will be set. If you wish to load different profiles, run the program from your apps menu.

The package depends on dbus-scripts which you will have to manually install for now:
apt-get install dbus-scripts

I will add dbus-scripts as a dependency later so tha you won't need to apt-get anything, but just when I get confirmation that the program is working.
@ammyt ..awesome dude..the rate at which you cook nice debs..fantastic effort. i would love to learn from you or assist you in any way..I am a coder myself...thanks again..

The Following User Says Thank You to bipinbn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i do have some question as i have not tried this yet ,so here they are
do i need to remove karam's battery patch ?
which profile among all these is the best one ? any recommendation ?
so i simply need to install the 720p deb by ammyt and there is no need to install freemangordon patches for HD video from here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...63&postcount=1 and here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78537 ?
Great work ammyt ,you are another saviour of this maemo planet.thank you !

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Karam actually took my batterypatch, just to clear something.
@trisha02, rm /etc/event.d/dbus-scripts-session then install the deb
@prankster, you need to have freemangordon's patch first.

I may not be replying quickly to queries because I am building a GUI, with sliders and everything .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina

I may not be replying quickly to queries because I am building a GUI, with sliders and everything .
ammyt, as I said before, you ****ing rock.
Some questions here:
First, I use ssh a lot while screen is off. So, If I log onto the N900 with ssh while screen is locked, will this script manage dinamically the freqs required and will not idle the cellphone (thus make me impossible to log in in because it doesn't reply to the login request?) ?

Another question: I installed the deb and didn't uninstalled the files that the CPUTweak.sh.txt made. It will work either way?

EDIT:
I was messing around with profiles. I chose 3-Life Doubler and let it idle with lock. After 30 minutes, I can't make the unit unlock. Screen will not respond, neither any key.
One detail: LED light its still working and SSH is working too. Pretty weird.

Last edited by sr00t; 2011-10-07 at 23:25.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
testing hd bat i lowed the voltages to 1ns i know work
no bug where it uses clock settings inbetween 500 805 even when deleted from the profile so good start lol

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
yeah!! HD BATTERY SAVER is excellent.. stabel till nowNO REBOOTS AT ALL EVEN THOUGH SMART REFLEX IS ON.. how abt other patches guys.. share them..

thanks ammyt. but doing this will remove karam's patch? or will it stop responding?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
i uninstalled batterypatch and speedpatch, then install this, applied the hd life doubler, then this came up on my xterm. even if i reboot my device, still the same in the xterm, any idea? how to remove it?

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

-sh: /home/user/.bashrc: line 5: cannot create /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/16312/tasks: nonexistent directory
-sh: /home/user/.bashrc: line 5: cannot create /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/16312/notify_on_release: nonexistent directory
~ $

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
i uninstalled batterypatch and speedpatch, then install this, applied the hd life doubler, then this came up on my xterm. even if i reboot my device, still the same in the xterm, any idea? how to remove it?

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

-sh: /home/user/.bashrc: line 5: cannot create /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/16312/tasks: nonexistent directory
-sh: /home/user/.bashrc: line 5: cannot create /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/16312/notify_on_release: nonexistent directory
~ $
try rebooting N900.. it might take 2 reboots too..