Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
TheoX, you now have to understand the philosophy (as opposed to religion!) behind this community: we promote *opensource*, and as far as I know Maemo devices are today the most open environments to date: opensource apps, opensource core (even though some stuffs are still closed, those devices are the closer things to fully open today), community projects to enhance the devices in way that other platforms forbid, etc...

Why I won't help you with your petition : etc...
Thank you for your reply, and thank you for being sincere but I still don't see the point in which you are not signing this petition. What you wrote down there are just your personal opinions why you won't use a Windows device, so in fact, if you sign that, what can happen to you? You are not a Microsoft user.

So forget you religion argument, and be realistic: not everyone care about "dead" or "alive" OS's. What is important (to us) is the mentality behind them, and WP/MS are certainly not in our hearts.
This is again just your opinion, and if you think otherwise, just check again some of the threads with LOTS of replies here and see if other people think like you, or they just worship this OS because that's what they own and they can't get adapted to a new environment. Please do that.

But me for instance, won't help you. Not because I don't like you or your behavior (which *is* childish), but because I don't want to support OS's from companies like MS.
Once again, here you are not supporting the MS, how can you even get to that idea, here you are supporting us, the customers! A petition is not meant to be like a letter of recognition to Microsoft, it's made to make the voice of the USERS heard trough the strong walls of their office. Still again, please, read again what you wrote, read what the petition is for, and then think about it, are who are you supporting if you sign, Microsoft, or users just like you.

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Really, I don't care about the OS's you use, even though I don't really use anything closed source. But being a Debian-fundamentalist is a personal choice, which I would not like to see rolled out as a law on TMO or anything. And for some people, a system like Windows could really be their best choice.

So from my point of view, it's not so much a matter of "not being allowed" or even "not condoning", it's the way you communicate that I find highly annoying. Someone disagrees with you and you start name calling, demanding this, that. And if your postings would offer something interesting, your bad mood or bad manners (not sure which it is) would be something that can be overlooked. Now, to me, you often sound just like an annoying ****** that's too lazy to google and every time someone disagrees with you the words "fanboy", "age" and "politics" automatically come falling from your mouth. Is there any thread where you took part in the discussion where you didn't get into some kind of fight or brawl?

To conclude: If you use google to search TMO for Windows topics, you'll find plenty of threads where things involving Windows are discussed in a normal way. I recall a 2010-thread where someone used his/her N900 as a bootable device to reinstall Windows XP. That person got plenty of help, as there was something interesting being discussed/asked. It is not just the topic of the discussion, but also a topic starter and it's behaviour that has a certain influence on how a thread will be perceived by members here. I am pretty sure that a thread on Windows, started by lumiaman will attract more negative reactions, than that same thread, started by sifo.

/2cents
You are right here, first of all I will explain my behavior. Well, I started this thread to help users like me enjoy a better experience on our devices, and as you said it's a personal opinion on what device you choose and what OS is running. Now I came here to ask for a little help, and the first replies was from people who view just want to kick me out of here because I am here with another device except Maemo based devices and asking for help. Take a look at the 2nd reply, that guy was 100% sure that if he posted about Maemo in a WP forum he will get instantly banned, guess why, because he would do the same thing here. I can't stand hypocrites, and I loose my temper seeing how many hypocrites exist among us, I loose my temper and from a diplomatic thread start I get involved in fights (trust me it would be much more whorse if this would be in real life and not the internet, thank God). Ohh yes, and I call names, but to be sincere, I call names people who deserve it, I call out the age when that is relevant just like in this case, I call them fanboys when they can't give a good reason when they attacked you just because you didn't agree with their believe. And yes, there were threads where people were just okay and the problem was solved without a fight, there was my beats audio development thread, what you saw were just a few threads from my activity, but you know how they say that, when you do something bad everyone notices, when you do something good, it's okay but you are are no longer important to attack or reply in any way when we meet in another thread.

Okay, now that I explained that I'm going to tell you about the phone and the OS. You use open source because that fits you best, I would like for a PHONE to be closed source, to be working when you need it, not to spend ever second of your life trying to fix it or add new features to it. So I basically want a phone, just a phone that WORKS no matter what, and when it stops working I just go to Microsoft or HTC and ask them for a fix (because warranty). I love development and open-source, but not on a device that I need to be functional 24/24 and at full capacity to do it's job every time, so as you said Windows Phone was the best option for me, AND JUST FOR ME IN THIS CASE .

Now, to me, you often sound just like an annoying ****** that's too lazy to google
And on what basis you said that?

And in the end, not forgeting to reply to anybody:

Me? Cry? LOL.
I bet you're crying like a little girl You are soooo uptight! You get angry really fast and take everything so seriously
@anthonie you call this a reply, isn't this somehow a 14 yo desperate kid to have a last word? Age is not relevant?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Also @HtheB keep your "meme" picture replies to yourself or your 12 yearold'ish 9faggy site. Reported for offtopic.
Funny... I just answered to your question
And funny again, I think this IS the off-topic section...

yearold'ish 9faggy site
srs?

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-07-18 at 16:19.

Congratulations! You are this years winner of the

"Lamest TMO Thread"

Just excellent! Keep up the good work.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Congratulations! You are this years winner of the

"Lamest TMO Thread"

Just excellent! Keep up the good work.
How is that welfare check treating you?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
theox is hot and lumiaman to rescue

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
How is that welfare check treating you?
Dude, you suck at the internet.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dude, you suck at the internet.
Hahahahhaha....I do😁😣. You suck at coding.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You suck at coding.
The amount of money I've made with my sucky coding would make you cry. It pays to suck, just ask your mother.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Oook... And this will never stop!

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2013-07-18 at 18:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The amount of money I've made with my sucky coding would make you cry. It pays to suck, just ask your mother.
You do know that people with great skills don't need to talk about them. That's why I know you are lying, or we have a different view what "big money is". Keep earning them If you are happy, I'm happy.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-18 at 18:40.