Active Topics

Originally Posted by m4r10 View Post
hi everyone, this is my first post ever!! xD
I got my n900 last month and i'm getting really excited about this comunity... in addition that i'm an engineering student ... i hope soon get enough knowledge and start developing/debugging/contributing over here ( can't wait!!!)
The reason of my reply is http://meegoexperts.com/2011/02/flash-10-1-nokia-n900-maemo/ post looking desperately for fp 10.1
Could somebody tell me if it's still working?? and if it represents any brick risk?
thanks

PS i wanted to install CSSU but i read it would brick my phone... although i saw lots of people who had it without fatal consecuences. Could somebody tell me how high the risk actually is? Are we far from a stable release?? thanks again
No, you won't brick the phone, just save original file to revert back when needed.
Posted site has Flash 10.1 r105, which works very bad on N900. Better, but not much, is Flash 10.1 r120, which is here.

Everyone here will recommend you to use Tweak Flash plugin version.

Regarding CSSU, I don't have any issues except email app crashes randomly.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-06-12 at 17:42.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
hi everyone, this is my first post ever!! xD
I got my n900 last month and i'm getting really excited about this comunity... in addition that i'm an engineering student ... i hope soon get enough knowledge and start developing/debugging/contributing over here ( can't wait!!!)
The reason of my reply is http://meegoexperts.com/2011/02/flash-10-1-nokia-n900-maemo/ post looking desperately for fp 10.1
Could somebody tell me if it's still working?? and if it represents any brick risk?
thanks

PS i wanted to install CSSU but i read it would brick my phone... although i saw lots of people who had it without fatal consecuences. Could somebody tell me how high the risk actually is? Are we far from a stable release?? thanks again
Playing with libflashplayer.so is absolutely safe. CSSU is also fine.

Keep in mind that you'll have to reflash many times while making experiments, so keep flasher and firmware images at hand. And install BackupMenu, it will save your time.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Could somebody tell me how high the risk actually is? Are we far from a stable release?? thanks again
Whatever you do (maybe except extreme overclocking), there is no way to brick the phone definitely. The worst that can happen is that your battery becomes too empty for the phone to boot. In that case you will need an external battery charger (10$ on ebay).
The only real issue is that reflashing can be time consuming, and can be needed at a time you would actually need the phone. If you can get away with that, you can play all you want. Just remember to backup your data regularly (as you should do even without touching dev programs).

Instabilities are different for everyone so no one can really help you on that. You'll see if you test

hahaha i'm sorry... noob mistake at the link, this is the link

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china

is it possible to port it on maemo N900 ?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
is it possible to port it on maemo N900 ?
Yes, just as it is for the non-lite Flash plugin. Any company with a few good ARM programmers, a troublesome excess of money, and some lawyers keen on exchanging long documents with Adobe could do the job.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ lisboa
my flash player is left with black screen on justin tv I can not see anything because it will be happening this I already have Tweak Flash plugin version installed and also g1 someone help me already installed and reinstalled ?????
http://www.justin.tv/ipbfm#/w/1331067200/2

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
hahaha i'm sorry... noob mistake at the link, this is the link
Is this just another "developer version" or finally a usable release? I would love to play games like http://www.diesiedleronline.de/ finally on my phone, but they require Flash 10.X

Is there any "cracked" version of an Flash ARM compile out yet? PMs are welcome

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
any person have
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/fold...eflash-a8.html

flash player v10.2.r157

i use normally nitdroid flash 10.3 and in maemo tweak flash 0.4

but this will be good

THIS LINK posted before sounds interesting, in the comments below some1 says its working fine and he can play farmville while another says he can't watch full screen youtube videos. any1 here tried that and can give us a feedback ?
i'm comfotable with tweak flash i can play facebook (thou there is some little issues) and youtube videos but didn't try any other sites to judge on the app.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update