Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
This is excellent. Thank you for being so responsive to suggestions. The drop down menu, with date, is great.

Ditto for me too. Really fantastic that this is now on my N800. This is something I've wanted for since day one since I got my N800. Good stuff!

The minute plugin is aligned to the far left of the available space so there is no gap between hours and minutes. It is just a bonus that the A or P fits in without have to resize.
so the space nokia makes for the icons in the statusbar is basically three of your 'characters' wide and there is no way of adjusting the size per icon? too bad. maybe someone from nokia is looking at this thread and will see if that could be changed in a future os release.

this does not work in OS2007

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by steelmaverick View Post
this does not work in OS2007
I do not have a device that runs OS2007, but you could check out this project:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/statusbar-clock

There aren't any screenshots and I cannot run it, so you'll have to decide if it is what you are looking for.

If someone wants to port this plugin the source code is available (and very simple). Check out http://andrew.olmsted.ca/maemo/statusbar-clock/

Originally Posted by jdr93 View Post
so the space nokia makes for the icons in the statusbar is basically three of your 'characters' wide and there is no way of adjusting the size per icon? too bad. maybe someone from nokia is looking at this thread and will see if that could be changed in a future os release.
If this was changed, of course, there would be no use for the creative technique of splitting it into two applets, and we could all be happy. I have no clue why Nokia decided to model it after the ugly behavior of Windows system tray, instead of KDE or Gnomish or FVWMite panels...

Thanks for that statusbar-clock.
Something i would like to see for the next release(s) which would be fine.
The alarm symbol for setting an alarm or showing that alarm is allready set, should stay behind the minutes (greyed out much, so you can easily read the digits), and by pushing the applet the settingdialog for an alarm should appear.

again thanks for it, i like it very much.

Nice improvements in 0.0.2, thanks for your efforts!

Great plugin

One thing to keep in mind when you're working on the next versions - can you replicate the "look" of LClock (i.e. large hour numeral, small minute numerals with AM/PM underneath.)

I think the look of LClock's clock is horrible. If you need to look at a clock, you're usually aware of the hour and need to know, more specifically, the minutes. Beyond that, most people know whether it's am or pm without looking at a clock, so why should it be the same size as (and steal space from) the most important information, the minutes?

I think it's nice as it is. Abbreviating to "a" and "p" is good.

The Following User Says Thank You to bexley For This Useful Post: