Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
http://felipec.wordpress.com/2011/06...elop-on-meego/

pretty much confirmed from hardware adaptation team. Elop its a BIG LIAR.
The more I read and learn the more I come to believe Elop indeed has a (maybe unconsciously) hidden agenda... he put too much effort making Meego irrelevant.

However, I get the feeling the phone might become a success in Asia.

I rather use iphone 4 than Android.... like i do now.
Android is a mess with it's multitasking and in general the UI. Those horrible touch sensitive back and menu keys and buggy OS just made me wanna throw the GS to the wall.
My 5 months experience with GS and then managing to sell the phone that felt like it costed 40 euros 50% cheaper has made me certain not to buy another Android phone.
By far best part of it is the community over at xda.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-21 at 22:20.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I rather use iphone 4 than Android.... like i do now.
Android is a mess with it's multitasking and in general the UI. Those horrible touch sensitive back and menu keys and buggy OS just made me wanna throw the GS to the wall.
My 5 months experience with GS and then managing to sell that phone that felt that it costed 40 euros 50% cheaper has made me certain not to buy another Android phone.
By far best part of it is the community over at xda.
iOS is even worse than android on multitaskting (by definition i say it doesnt ahve any)

u have to dual tap that single button to get recent apps and NONE are running realt time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
they have worse, battery life, camera and multitaskting that this.

only advance they have are adobe flash and closed party support likw whatsapp
battery life is still to be seen on this, they all last a day

Worse multitasking? What you mean the 1 second wait to switch apps is worth waiting a year for swiping screens? You must be joking

1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, Mali-400MP GPU, Orion chipset vs 1GHz Cortex-A8...

Camera may be the only real point this thing has, but it pales in comparison to pretty much any budget camera.

960x540 SLCD and 800x480 Super AMOLED both sound superior to 854x480 AMOLED and are available right now.

Flash 10.3 and 100.000+ apps in Android Market vs Ovi Store... don't even get me started on that abomination

By the time N9 gets released the Tegra 3 Kal-El phones will be taking a hot steamy dump on its face. And I haven't even mentioned iPhone 5 yet. Nokia is still failing, hopefully the Windows Phones are better

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Its a perfect companion to N900. A phone to use on the go, when you need something handy, with quick access to essentials.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Its a perfect companion to N900. A phone to use on the go, when you need something handy, with quick access to essentials.
would you like any fries with that? maybe a quick wipe as Nokia pulls out?

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You must be joking... The main reason I got the N900 was to not carry a NIT and phone combo.

The N900 doesn't need companions. It needs a hardware upgrade. And this was it's only chance with Nokia.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
would you like any fries with that? maybe a quick wipe as Nokia pulls out?
I cannot say I missed the Nr.1 maemo.org troll

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
iOS is even worse than android on multitaskting (by definition i say it doesnt ahve any)

u have to dual tap that single button to get recent apps and NONE are running realt time.
Android doesn't even have multitasking UI easily available right from the start. it does have previously opened apps that you can't modifyi or close apps from. I don't know what kind of trained monkeys made the UI for "multitasking".
For me there's really one thing where in the real life want the live multitasking, browser. GS got stuck when i opened more than 3 pages at the same time and usually crashed. I had daily crashes on the browser.
On iphone 4 i have not experienced crash even once.
In use iphone 4 is about 2x smoother, battery last 10hours more than GS.

At the moment i'm quite burned out on all phones and just want something that lasts 2 days and does not lag at all, plus something similar to airplay.
I'am waiting for my Asus transformer though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Nokia’s Hot-Looking N9 Shows Hope for Windows Phone
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...sleek-and-hot/

What a waste, Nokia launches hot, MeeGo smartphone
http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/ar...one/1308666207

Need I say more?
What exactly are you saying?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????