Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
The little one is sleeping right now, so there's the new version available here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=292360. I've also put it on the Garage because Sourceforge sometimes craps out: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=2085

It fixes the following problems:
  1. Use of /media/mmc2 for temporary files; I've removed all need for temporary files, period. This makes it a bit faster as well.
  2. Scrolling using the pen is more fluid, at least as far as I can tell.
  3. Tearing should not occur anymore, at least, I haven't managed to reproduce it with this version.

I probably won't fix more bugs for a bit, but at least, this version should be usable even for those who don't have the internal memory card. I've done the work before my daughter was born, so this is why you're getting those particular bugfixes so fast

Let me know if there is any issue with this build, as the removal of temporary files is a somewhat invasive change to a lot of internal details. Although I'm likely to just tell people who have problems to just use the previous build in that case

Enjoy!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bge For This Useful Post:
Wonderful. Updated without any problems, nice and responsive, no image tearing - it's all good

Thanks again for the port, congratulations on the birth of your daughter, and good luck trying to sleep for the next 18 years

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
I just installed cbrPager from the app manager. I copied a bunch of cbr files to my memory card.

When I try to open them in cbrPager it says "no pages loaded"

But I try the same files on PC using CDisplay and they work fine. Whats the problem?

is unrar installed?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
no its not. I'll try that.

(didnt realize it was required)

Edit:Hello! exactly. Works perfect now, thanks for the help.

Last edited by killdeer; 2009-01-27 at 04:24. Reason: tried it.

wonderful work. But could you add a option to change the background color? Because NIT is perfect for displaying the comic strips which each story are only three pictures like Garfield, Peanuts, etc. You will see a large blank area with white color when you use cbrPager. If the color can change to black or whatever, that is perfect. Anyway, thank you very much.

At last, a really good app to read my CBZs. Just a minor concern: "Fit to page width" is not taking the whole screen (in full screen on a N800) but leaving white stripes on each side of the image and I have to zoom in to get it to cover the screen but then I have to scroll to view the very edge of the image. Any ideas?

Last edited by sinnombre; 2009-09-22 at 15:11.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Any chance that someone will port this to the N900? Would be nice to be able to read my comics!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quindor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
Any chance that someone will port this to the N900? Would be nice to be able to read my comics!
I'm hoping for this as well.

I have sent a email to bge to find out if he is planning on porting it. If he doesn't want to -- I'll try and port it.

Nathan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post: