Active Topics

Does this player support subtitle ?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Does this player support subtitle ?
Not currently (playback features are simply those provided by QtMultimediaKit and accessed via QML), but it shouldn't be too difficult to read the subtitles from the file and overlay the text on the video.

My website

GitHub

Awesome!

Just a question: is your player working when started from menu? Because I have tried to play with QML video element, but it works only when started from QtCreator, than it gives me setup_buffers: couldn't allocate buffer: not-linked.

Thanks for your effort.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Awesome!

Just a question: is your player working when started from menu? Because I have tried to play with QML video element, but it works only when started from QtCreator, than it gives me setup_buffers: couldn't allocate buffer: not-linked.

Thanks for your effort.
You need to request permission to use video playback. To do this, you add a <application_name>.aegis file to the debian_harmattan folder (same location as control file etc). Here's the content of my openvideoplayer.aegis file:

Code:
<aegis>
<request>
<credential name="GRP::video" />
<credential name="GRP::pulse-access" />
<credential name="mce::TKLockControl" />
<credential name="TrackerReadAccess" />
<credential name="TrackerWriteAccess" />
<for path="/opt/openvideoplayer/bin/openvideoplayer" />
</request>
</aegis>
The GRP::video and GRP:ulse-access tokens are required for video playback, and the mce::TKLockControl token is required for the screensaver delay using QtMobility.systemInfo 1.1. The tracker tokens are required for using DocumentGallery.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-10-31 at 14:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.1 of Open Video Player is now available. Links to the .deb package and source code are in the updated first post, along with updated screenshots and a link to the YouTube demo video.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wait. Communication from a developer... and it's a project I can fully get behind and use daily?

Wow. Great work Marxian. I've already been impressed by your prior work, but this answers a question I didn't even know I had with an application that I pretty much needed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
which kind of format video to support???

marxian <3 awesome work

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
which kind of format video to support???
Should be the same as the stock video player, since they use the same backend (GStreamer).

My website

GitHub

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Stockholm
Is UPnP support something that would be possible to build into this?

Tags
more features, video player