Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
I've been thinking recently ..

My N900 Battery keeps getting worse (had It pretty much since it came out).. I have to charge it every night even if I don't use it much .. (If i forget it goes from ~50% to switching off just over night sometimes ..

So I've been looking around ..
N9? .. rather hard to get here
N950 ? ... even more difficult to get
some Android phone? Currently been thinking .. the Samsung note with the pressure sensitive Pen sounds nice - it is "huge" compared to most phones, but I don't mind that that much ..
(Windows Phone or iPhones are out of the question for me ^^ )

Currently I'm prolly mostly in favour of the Samsung Galaxy Note due to the fact it has a pen (I like that I can write/doodle more accurately -- e.g. on a Kanji recognition software since I'm learning japanese , ...)

That made me wonder .. which phone are other Maemo fans getting after the N900 ?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
I've been thinking recently ..

My N900 Battery keeps getting worse (had It pretty much since it came out).. I have to charge it every night even if I don't use it much .. (If i forget it goes from ~50% to switching off just over night sometimes ..

So I've been looking around ..
N9? .. rather hard to get here
N950 ? ... even more difficult to get
some Android phone? Currently been thinking .. the Samsung note with the pressure sensitive Pen sounds nice - it is "huge" compared to most phones, but I don't mind that that much ..
(Windows Phone or iPhones are out of the question for me ^^ )

Currently I'm prolly mostly in favour of the Samsung Galaxy Note due to the fact it has a pen (I like that I can write/doodle more accurately -- e.g. on a Kanji recognition software since I'm learning japanese , ...)

That made me wonder .. which phone are other Maemo fans getting after the N900 ?
None, the only people left here are the Nxxx hardcore. When I eventually run out of N900s I will do a 'den in the USA' and go for the tablet/dumbphone combo. Hopefully by then there will be a dumbphone small enough to be a wris****ch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
As I mentioned elsewhere, I've recently 'replaced' my N900 with a Samsung Galaxy SII which seems to fulfil my day to day needs based on a couple of day's usage.

Having said that, my N900 will still get used at home with the sim removed. It works fine as a Skype phone/ssh client to my home PCs/etc. (Basically, the same kind of functionality & usage as earlier Nokia internet tablets.) As a bonus, the battery seems to last ages with no sim!

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
My phone is almost two years old it's battry work for two days with normal usage

i think he has got something that is eating phones battry. ::::::

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
buy a good battery!
these threads are getting old!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
my n900 is spot on if battery seems iffy get another battery i am currently using a scud. if this n900 dies i would get another n900 failing that a tablet and a dumb phone as vi_has said.

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
buy a good battery!
these threads are getting old!!
I wanted a "fresh" reply of the people who still have a N900 now not an old thread

The Following User Says Thank You to LordVan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hathoda View Post
My phone is almost two years old it's battry work for two days with normal usage

i think he has got something that is eating phones battry. ::::::
I'm not sure what would be eating my battery .. I even got rid of most of the hildon widgets .. only thing that might run is the battery monitor . ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to LordVan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karam View Post
another N900 till the stores are empty
the problem is that it is rather hard to get here .. especially in shops. There are a couple on ebay for around ~200€ but most are used and I'm not sure if I want to pay that if the only real problem I have is my battery