I too have been having the same problem since yesterday. When I try to install from the command line is complains about "size mismatch". Is this the same problem that others are having -- can that be caused by a busy server?

Thanks, K.

Size mismatch here too, 2007 Hacker OS.

Fixed for me with size mismatch:
$ apt-get install python2.5-runtime --fix-missing
Hope it helps!

Aisu:

Same message -- maybe I'm using the wrong repository? Do you know which one it should be fetching from?

Thanks, K.

Have you tried what I did? Run the following in x-term as root (or over SSH):

apt-get install python2.5

then:

apt-get install python2.5-runtime --fix-missing

Hope it helps

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
the problem is that since the repository downloads are being hammered, that the packages don't download completely - I'm pretty sure that's why you're getting the corrupted file/size mismatch message.

When you tried the xterm install it just tried to use the packages you've already got (which are incomplete). By using the --fix-missing you should hopefully grab those missing files.

I'm running canola 2 on my n810 which implies I have python runtime already. But it shows up in app manager as installable and gives me the above errors. This leads me to think it's a deeper problem ...

No luck -- I'm trying a re-flash, since yesterday that seemed to solve the problem with not being able to pair my bt keyboard. . .

I'll keep everyone posted if I am successful. Thanks for the input! K.

Just an update -- on a reflash, no change, although it did seem to get somewhat further along than it did before. I tend to believe that it is a server overload issue.

Thanks for the help, though. K.

its telling me application packages required for the installation are missing.
libsdl-ttf2.0=0
libsdl-ttf2.0-0
libreadline4 (>=4.3-1)

Not being technically knowledgeable, I've got no clue what that means, but thats what it says.