Originally Posted by kkwansj
[cron] that makes perfect sense to me.

I've also wondered if I am just closing the case too soon, before it's fully shutdown. Again, I haven't spent the time I should to investigate.

Contemplated checking crontab entries, but i doubt I would find anything out of the ordinary.
Closing the lid as soon as I say switch off has no effect. I think this is odd that some people but not everyone is seeing this problem.

Has anyone called nokia and asked them about it yet?

Originally Posted by kkwansj
[cron] that makes perfect sense to me.

I've also wondered if I am just closing the case too soon, before it's fully shutdown. Again, I haven't spent the time I should to investigate.

Contemplated checking crontab entries, but i doubt I would find anything out of the ordinary.

I thought I was closing the case too soon, but I have waited for it to FULLY POWER OFF and then close the lid. It still does the same thing. Well, I was sick of charging my 770 in day time, when I need it the most, so I started to take the battery off when I go to sleep

Like I said earlier I was going to check it at nite times to see if it powers on at a specific time. Well I haven't left it with the batteries on at night, but this morning at like 10:00am I have turned it off, and then when I checked it on like 12:30 pm It was on.. So now instead of thinking that it does that on a specific time, I started to think if it has like a timer type of thing... or maybe it is just RANDOM which does not make any sense to me.

Originally Posted by ercanmetin
Like I said earlier I was going to check it at nite times to see if it powers on at a specific time. Well I haven't left it with the batteries on at night, but this morning at like 10:00am I have turned it off, and then when I checked it on like 12:30 pm It was on.. So now instead of thinking that it does that on a specific time, I started to think if it has like a timer type of thing... or maybe it is just RANDOM which does not make any sense to me.
If it's switched off (and really off) then there is nothing program wise working in it. The clock is maintained by the bios on the computer not the operating system.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
FYI, the 770 (currently) doesn't have a crond or atd implementation - so it's definitely not related to that.

rattis: technically as the 770 isn't an x86 machine with a traditional PC architecture it doesn't have a BIOS. The clock is maintained by the RTC (Real Time Clock) itself.

Cheers,

Andrew

Originally Posted by aflegg
FYI, the 770 (currently) doesn't have a crond or atd implementation - so it's definitely not related to that.

rattis: technically as the 770 isn't an x86 machine with a traditional PC architecture it doesn't have a BIOS. The clock is maintained by the RTC (Real Time Clock) itself.

Cheers,

Andrew
Meh, never said I was an expert at all things.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
It just seems so :-)

I noticed the same behavior. It doesn't seem to be random. The last two nights it has turned itself on at the same time, just before 3:00 AM.

Think I'll go back to sleep now.

Lance

Are you sure it was the startup chime and not the "Low Battery" sound what you heard? (the 770 plays it if it gets low batt even with the shell closed).

So, does anyone know wether it is a material problem ? should I have it replaced ?