For some reason, I can't get the 770 to sign into my gtalk account. It worked once, I made some calls and it was fine, but now it won't sign in.

The indicator flashes between red and whatever other mode it is attempting to use (i.e, online or away or invisible), but there is little/no traffic sent over the wi-fi it is connected to. After about 3 minutes the 770 gives up and says "Unable to connect to one or more accounts".

I've tried removing the account and re-adding it, restarting the device, trying a different account and using GPRS as the internet connection rather than wi-fi, all without success...

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Edit:

I'm aware that 2006 is still in Beta. I'm just asking if anyone knows a fix for this issue, or even if anyone else has the issue?

Last edited by davman; 2006-06-23 at 17:48.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by davman
I'm aware that 2006 is still in Beta. I'm just asking if anyone knows a fix for this issue, or even if anyone else has the issue?
Davman-

When this happened to me, it was because I was logged into gtalk on my PC (seems to me the 770 client won't log you off if you're logged in elsewhere).

Doubt it's the problem you're seeing, but for what it's worth...

Brad.

GTalk works from home and doesn’t work from the office. And I can connect to the internet from both places. I submitted this issue to the Google.

Originally Posted by bradb
Davman-

When this happened to me, it was because I was logged into gtalk on my PC (seems to me the 770 client won't log you off if you're logged in elsewhere).

Doubt it's the problem you're seeing, but for what it's worth...

Brad.

I was logged in at the time, so i tried logging out on my pc and logging in on the 770, but no luck

Thanks for the idea though.

Originally Posted by mityak
GTalk works from home and doesn’t work from the office. And I can connect to the internet from both places. I submitted this issue to the Google.

That's probably due to a firewall where you work or something like that. Talk to your network admin before Google

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ France
Exactly same things for me: first time I setup googletalk with orange gprs access
I was able to be online and see my gmail contacts, supposed I can call them,
next day I was on wifi and call a friend to install gtalk on his XP,
I saw him online and we try to make call, I received ringing but no voice between us,
all of this was expecting since he was surfing with orange gprs access
and VOIP is prohibited by contract ...

But more interesting for your question, since this time I reflash my tablet
and now I'm unable to go online with orange gprs (even orange wifi ...)
I can't see my gmail contacts like before
and I don't expect orange change something on his firewall settngs
since my test was done in a week-end time ...

No since nobody I know use gtalk, I just wait final release arrive.

Good day,
Laurent.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
It happened to me too, but then I realized it was because there's a bug in the beta system. It has something to do with having too many wifi setups saved and having the 770 automatically connect to saved wifi connections. It started working again when I deleted all the wifi settings except the one I needed. Try it out and see if it works.

That doesnt seem to have worked either... removed every connection apart from 1 wi-fi.. still won't connect to gtalk

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I have 3 accounts and I can not log into googletalk on my 770 with one of them. The other 2 work fine, all three work in windows. I have tried everything I can think of, although I did not remove my wifi setting this seems ridiculous?

I would create a new account and see if you have any better luck

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I just deleted my account (770gtalk) and tried to recreate it, but I can't get the same name. So I created another account (770addict), this also would not sign in to googletalk?

So I deleted that account also, I created (linux770) this one signs in no problem, could the beginning of the ID starting with a number be the issue I was having.

All the accounts worked in windows, the two that started with 770 would not log into googletalk on the 770

Strange, can anyone else confirm this behavior?

I tried several accounts, all of which started with letters rather than numbers, so I don't think that accounts starting with numbers are the problem.