Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I've bought me a Galaxy Note. Rooted, and in the process of restoring my userland apps with Titanium.
First impression: awesome. If you have questions, express'em

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I've bought me a Galaxy Note. Rooted, and in the process of restoring my userland apps with Titanium.
I do. Is typing on the VKB easier than say a Galaxy S II because if the increased key size?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
^^ this.

If the Galaxy Note had this setup in the 5.3" or so size, I'd buy it regardless of the price. Still think I plan to go with the Note, just need to see a USA release. I like 'em big... and this pic just sealed it for me:

http://demo.idg.com.au/pcw/inlineima...laxyNote_1.jpg

The Following User Says Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I do. Is typing on the VKB easier than say a Galaxy S II because if the increased key size?
Dunno about the GS II which I haven't. No significant difference with my 7" Tab (old) even if of course keys are smaller. And I'm using Hacker's keyboard with 5 rows!

But there's something I don't understand and don't appreciate. Display is randomly oscillating between a greenish and a reddish tone. Not a bad contact, shaking the device doesn't change. But it is changing from "warm" to "cold" tones back and forth. What might be the clue?

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
But there's something I don't understand and don't appreciate. Display is randomly oscillating between a greenish and a reddish tone. Not a bad contact, shaking the device doesn't change. But it is changing from "warm" to "cold" tones back and forth. What might be the clue?
I do not own a GNote, but maybe it can be something related to save battery that keeps adjusting brightness/colors/etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Havent seen anything like that on my note.

Galaxy note is really nice. The only issue you should consider is the size. CAN YOU HANDLE THE SIZE?

I can so Its great and it's not so big as you think.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Thanks for leading the way! I've ordered one and hope to have it next week. Have you tried the hackers keyboard on it? My hope is that debian or ubuntu can be made to run on it with perhaps BTKB.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Thanks for leading the way! I've ordered one and hope to have it next week. Have you tried the hackers keyboard on it? My hope is that debian or ubuntu can be made to run on it with perhaps BTKB.
I have no problems with hackers kbd, and strangely enough i am more proficient with kbd on the note than on the tab. Might be related to screen sensitivity maybe.

@Chuck Norris: coming from the 7" tab, as you can imagine I have ni problems with size. The Note can be brought easily in a shirt pocket.

The strange oscillation between cold and warm colors has stopped. It's late, maybe it's related to sunlight effect on the light sensor?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
debernardis - anything you have noticed thus far on the Note that you don't like or would have done differently? Have you used the MicroSD card yet or plan to? Wondering about access time and sound quality with the Note.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I have no problems with hackers kbd, and strangely enough i am more proficient with kbd on the note than on the tab. Might be related to screen sensitivity maybe.

@Chuck Norris: coming from the 7" tab, as you can imagine I have ni problems with size. The Note can be brought easily in a shirt pocket.

The strange oscillation between cold and warm colors has stopped. It's evening: maybe it's related to the sunlight effect on the light sensor?

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy