Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Or move to Australia and problem solved

Anyway, jokes aside, i would really like to know who is actually interested in this device.
I mean, what types of users here would like to buy a device like this, or any similar device.
I'm just curious, cause here most users don't like modern devices and this is a 2-3 year old (spec wise) relatively modern device.
Is it just the keyboard? Or people getting ready to move on from our beloved dead platforms?
Again, this is pure curiosity and something I would really like to discuss without trolling and disrespect!
I am very interested but two things keeps me away from buying it:
1) too high price, 300-350€ could be my target price (normally I don't spend more than 200€ for a smartphone and I've added 100-150€ for the design and the physical keyboard in my max budget)
2) 835 snapdragon, my next smartphone will be at least 855

No rush in getting a new smartphone btw

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland

Anyway, jokes aside, i would really like to know who is actually interested in this device.
I mean, what types of users here would like to buy a device like this, or any similar device.
I'm just curious, cause here most users don't like modern devices and this is a 2-3 year old (spec wise) relatively modern device.
Is it just the keyboard? Or people getting ready to move on from our beloved dead platforms?
Again, this is pure curiosity and something I would really like to discuss without trolling and disrespect!
I am personally in this for supporting brave individuals or companies that dare to go against the mainstream.

I have big problems with Apples business model. On the side of Android devices I just dont like how generic they have became, basically indistinguishable from each others.

Hwkb is not that big a must for me, but it is really nice to have. I weren't never biggest fan of n900, for me personally the greatest device to date have been n9 and n950.

Edit:

Oh, and from aesthetic view scirrocco and luna were the most beautiful phones

Last edited by Boxeri; 2019-09-12 at 10:06.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
and in southeast asia they call march, april, may and june summer... and in australia its december, januari and februari... your point?

in most places people use the astronomical seasons, so summer starts at the summer solstice and ends at the autumn equinox... this is not secret information or anything, you can look it up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb

I'm just curious, cause here most users don't like modern devices with android and this is a 2-3 year old (spec wise) relatively modern device. OS wise, sure, they have some other options here like many other devices, but ships with android if I'm correct.
So, is it just the keyboard? Or people getting ready to move on from our beloved dead platforms to something else?

Apart from SoC which really is 2 years old, what else is?????
Sure, it does miss all the modern useless gimmick but it offers something unique for half the price of note 10+.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post

Apart from SoC which really is 2 years old, what else is?????

Sure, it does miss all the modern useless gimmick but it offers something unique for half the price of note 10+.
For Q4 2019 and the price, I would say almost everything is more than 2 years old. Also "gimmick" is something that you don't know about or you don't use. If you use it, it's a feature and the whole point of smartphones today is to make your life simple!
But that wasn't my point. I'm not trying to bash the device. I just want to be subjective, even with things that work for me!
But if you want to have this conversation, completely unrelated to my post above, sure why not?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
I have some skin problems (psoriasis) which even when I'm cured, my fingers does not work well with capacitive screens.
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
I am very interested but two things keeps me away from buying it:
1) too high price, 300-350€ could be my target price (normally I don't spend more than 200€ for a smartphone
So what are you doing on the forum for the OS for devices which was ~$650 when was new??

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
So what are you doing on the forum for the OS for devices which was ~$650 when was new??
Nobody is excluded here because they don't have money to throw around. Every device relevant here could be bought for less than 50€ at some point. Except never officially released prototypes. And everybody can contribute.

If you decide to help out, e.g. with Maemo Leste, you may even get a device for free by a member. We help each other out here and aren't here to feel superior because we can afford expensive prices.

As for nikos523's question:
I am very interested in the device. I am waiting for a very long time for a device with certain characteristics and haven't bought a new smartphone since 2015 (used 808) As I know how difficult it is to develop a mobile device from scratch I am willing to pay a reasonable high price, which 650€ is.

My next phone has to have:
Keyboard, unlocked bootloader, at least 2GB of RAM, decent battery, headphone jack, LTE, reasonable fast prozessor
And it should have:
OLED, screen between 4 and 5 inch, very good camera, support from a Linux based system (Sailfish, Leste, ...), MicroSD slot
And of course there are nice-to-haves:
IR transmitter, FM radio, shutter button, good microphone, Dual SIM, good flash, capable GPU, ...

The Fxtec Pro 1 checks all of the must haves and even some nice-to-haves, but misses many of the should haves. (Screen size, camera, Linux). As it is the closest thing to what I want over so many years I may still get it out of desperation, but I will wait a bit before I do so. I hope I can test it with a community member here when the devices have shipped.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
as mentioned before, I like to keep being individual and most modern smartphones are all the same without having any unique features (the most unique announce in past months IMO wasn't apple and it was some unknown brand with 6000 mAh battery android powerbank-phone). so I really like Blackberries for being somewhat unique, but I like side-slider form-factor more. currently I own the Nokia N93i as a temporary phone and even 15 years after, it still got that wow-factor of so flexible clamshell design. I bet if someone would make a modern smartphone in N93i design, it would be very great.
Do you mean something like this ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Do you mean something like this ?
Same people that made Turing phone....

Price tag over 2000€. Would be gorgeous device, but i give it 0% probability to come to the market.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
After having posted my previous post I tried to find some news, but there were nothing since 2018.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit