Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Finland
Hi everybody!
I've been reading this forum since I got my N9(spring 2012). Glad to join your great community at last!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TQP1 For This Useful Post:
hello community

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-02-05 at 20:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone.

I've been using an N900 for about a month now and wish I'd got one sooner. It's such a great device. Many thanks to all the members for building this excellent community.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DA5 For This Useful Post:
Hi there!

I bought a second hand N900 recently and received it at the weekend. I have to say I love it! I was using an HTC Hero before this and I just love the fact I have a proper keyboard as I can't stand touch-screens.

I just wish it had a slightly faster CPU.

I am loving Rockbox on it at the moment...such good sound quality :-)

cheers guys!

m

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miner49er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
You can overclock the cpu, which helps somewhat. Also look into CSSU Thumb for some performance gains (on the memory side), if you are ok with a "testing" distribution of CSSU. That said, I've been using it since it was released with no issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Hi everyone,

I have been using a n900 for about an year now.I was using an E71 earlier.Buying an n900 was a dream ever since it was released in india.The propsect of a linux computer in my pocket was always exciting. Never had the budget to go for it then since i was in college.Bought it of ebay refurbished and enjoying it every moment.Till day everyone of the problems i experienced have found answers in TMO threads.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Nokia N9 and N900 probably the best smart phone I've ever had and ever made by nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xprism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Lithuania
Hello!
Joining not at the best times, but better later than never

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paranoiac For This Useful Post:
Hello.

I am new in the forum but I've been using the N900 for over a year now and I think that even know (March 2013) it is the best smartphone ever made. It is my first smartphone and I think that it will be my last (only if a manufacturer releases a smartphone with maemo on it, which I doubt). So it will be maemo until the OS dies (and I hope that it will not be too soon) or the phone dies (but I could always buy a used N900).

I would like to thank all the developers for their effort of maintaining maemo alive and all those who help the community.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Hello TMO!

I've been using the beautiful Nokia N9 for over a year now, and a proud owner of the N8 as well. I have been thinking of getting myself an N900, which I've wanted to for a long time now.

TMO has been an extremely valuable resource! Thank you everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org