Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Just tried the devel version and must say the app is comming along quite nicely. Thanks for the hard work.

The one feature I would request however is to allow playback while in silent mode. I saw it mentioned in the comments somewhere but as far as I can see this is not yet an option. I have hacked a solution for this into EasyPlayer and am most willing to help you get this working if you want me to. The solution is quite simple and ugly and requires setting the application name to "FMRadio" (i.e. gtk.set_application_name("FMRadio")). The latter can ofcourse be made conditional on a setting but be aware that it requires a application restart to work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FarmerF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by FarmerF View Post
The one feature I would request however is to allow playback while in silent mode. I saw it mentioned in the comments somewhere but as far as I can see this is not yet an option.
I agree totally with this request. I like to automatically set the N900 into silent mode at night so I don't hear the email notifications, etc. But then I can't listen to the audiobooks. The workaround is to switch the N900 to tablet mode before listening, but it would be better if it worked in silent mode so that's another 3 seconds I don't have to waste.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
I agree totally with this request. I like to automatically set the N900 into silent mode at night so I don't hear the email notifications, etc. But then I can't listen to the audiobooks. The workaround is to switch the N900 to tablet mode before listening, but it would be better if it worked in silent mode so that's another 3 seconds I don't have to waste.
I'll try to look into this tonight. This is important for me for both nqa and the fact that I'm writing Yet Another Audiobook Reader. Don't worry, its targeted to not complete with either nqa or Panucci but is very specialized and re-uses code I wrote for nqa.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by epage View Post
/.../and the fact that I'm writing Yet Another Audiobook Reader. Don't worry, its targeted to not complete with either nqa or Panucci but is very specialized and re-uses code I wrote for nqa.
Now THAT I would be interested in!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Now THAT I would be interested in!
A religious works audiobook reader that streams its content from a web server?

If nothing else I imagine people would be interested in having my UI work ported over to nqa. I think its pretty slick but that is a common failing of people who create something

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
A religious works audiobook reader that streams its content from a web server?

If nothing else I imagine people would be interested in having my UI work ported over to nqa. I think its pretty slick but that is a common failing of people who create something
Oh....ok...granted, I wouldn't be too interested in a religious audiobook reader seeing that I don't quite believe in the flying spaghetti Monster

But yes, your UI would be a huge improvement to nQa's current one.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I'm uploading 0.8.2 which fixes the missing cover issue and possibly has playback during Silent profile.

excellent work epage. album covers now displayed and it works in silent mode. fantastic!

question: does the album art have to be the same name as the folder and does it have to be a certain size to display nicely within the app?

and i would be interested in an app for religious audiobooks by the way. that is what i currently use it for.

great work once again.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
excellent work epage. album covers now displayed and it works in silent mode. fantastic!

question: does the album art have to be the same name as the folder and does it have to be a certain size to display nicely within the app?

and i would be interested in an app for religious audiobooks by the way. that is what i currently use it for.

great work once again.
It just looks for files with common image extensions and grabs the first it finds no matter the format, dimensions, or relelvance

It just looks for files with common image extensions and grabs the first it finds no matter the format, dimensions, or relelvance
Ok, I had to find an album cover for one of the audio books and just used a graphic but it expands almost right across the app.