Hi everyone,

As i need to replace the battery of my n9, I need to buy new screws (already destroyed one last time).

As of 2015 they are impossible to find on the web, and the only alternative would be to find compatible ones for different phones.

Has anyone found and tried other screws that actually fit the n9?
(I need the ones for the chassis)

Thank you!

P.S.
I already tried to buy some for the 930, i thought they'd fit as the service manual said SCREW TORX+ SIZE 4
M1.4 X 3.8, the same as in the manual of the n9! However, the ones i got were much smaller .

Last edited by JoeQuestion; 2015-04-07 at 23:25. Reason: I'm sorry, I posted in the wrong section

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Besides phones, do you have any old or broken gadgets lying around? I had a broken point and shoot digital camera laying around that I took apart and stole some tiny screws from for my N9. They weren't torx, they were phillips, but they worked just fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoeQuestion View Post
Has anyone found and tried other screws that actually fit the n9?
(I need the ones for the chassis)
Hi
If you want to contact me via aspergerguy on Nokia Support Discussions could let you have 5 x Size 4 M1.4 x 3.8 and 1 x M1.4 X 2.5 as have a few left over. Think that the latter is one top right corner in LE55ON5 video, but maybe wrong.

Had got together a Magenta housing and appropriate fitting screws for user on forum, whom decided they no longer wanted to proceed with purchase.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Had got together a Magenta housing and appropriate fitting screws for user on forum, whom decided they no longer wanted to proceed with purchase.
I think that user was me. I was presented a free cyan housing which won. I would still have preferred your magenta one (nicer colour) but somehow in the process I managed to strip five(!) screws and had to cut them out with a dremel - and it the process of that, I must have screwed something up even more because my N9 has never worked since. No sign of life at all. Which, sadly, makes any housing superfluous

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
use a little of some acid then hard iron soldering to the screws head, then attach screwdriver to it and wait a little until you can unscrew it.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
use a little of some acid then hard iron soldering to the screws head, then attach screwdriver to it and wait a little until you can unscrew it.
Yes, I've tried that after you mentioned it in the past. It did not work.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
use a little of some acid
Do you mean some flux to prepare the screw surface for the solder?

Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
Besides phones, do you have any old or broken gadgets lying around? I had a broken point and shoot digital camera laying around that I took apart and stole some tiny screws from for my N9. They weren't torx, they were phillips, but they worked just fine.
Cheers, that was a good idea, I tried with an old palm pc but they didn't fit... I guess the older the technology, the bigger the screws....

If you remember the camera model let us know (maybe on the service manual it is possible to find what screw type it is and buy them on the web).

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Hi
If you want to contact me via aspergerguy on Nokia Support Discussions could let you have 5 x Size 4 M1.4 x 3.8 and 1 x M1.4 X 2.5 as have a few left over. Think that the latter is one top right corner in LE55ON5 video, but maybe wrong.
Prior to reading your reply a friend told me he might still have his dead N9 around, but he has to check weather nobody disposed of it. If he can't find it, I'll definitely contact you, that 'd be a life saver.
Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to JoeQuestion For This Useful Post:
A little update here... after changing the battery with the screws from a dead N9 I further investigated with the first seller who had sent me some screws from the Lumia 930. It turned out there was a mistake on his side... When he sent me the right ones they perfectly matched the one for the N9.

Bottom line: if you can't find screws for the N9 any longer, the one for the Lumia 930 are just identical. Hope it helps.

Long live the N9!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeQuestion For This Useful Post: