Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Here is my entry. It is about as good as it is ever going to get so I might as well leave it at that. It is my 9yo daughter's room in its usual, messy state. I do not dare to think what this room will look like when she is 16.

Name:  20160920_002.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  32.0 KB

The burnt-out bright spot in the left is a fish tank, in case you were wondering. The room actually looked darker in real life, the camera's long exposure compensated for the lack of light.

Taken about 2 hours ago with a Jolla. I must say the result quite surprised me, considering Jolla's camera's deservedly bad reputation. It is amazing what you can achieve with an improvised tripod and a shutter delay.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
My very first idea was a long exposition of a road. But I don't think that I'll manage to do that in time. So, here we go with plan b.

N900 as always.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
"Mumbai, as darkness seeps in"
Happened to be in Mumbai the previous day. I thought, why not!

Intex Aquafish
Intentionally focussed to a shorter distance
And exposed to the streetlight on left top corner (of course automatic)
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Nice variety of entries. Thanks for the pics everyone!
hmm...
It becomes kind of obvious to myself that i am not having much of a life outside my business...

Looking through the pics i did today with a tripod and 15sec timer function, this struck me to be fitting the darkness theme.
The guys who build the Photokina "Sigma" booth did a good job with light imho.
Yaay, no need to go out in the dark after 14 hours work.

First pic is my entry called "I am contrast"
Second is for spatial orientation and to raise the sales of your local sushi-joint

"Camera" was Nexus5 on 2.0.2.48.
Erhm yes, and Sigma does this kind of freaky things which leads me to put camera in quotation marks when talking about phones.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-09-24 at 23:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
That sure looks like nice sushi. Do people who vote for your picture get review samples?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
humble thanks!
But no, absolutely not. It would distort the competition. No fish for votes!

Its more like, every maemonean by heart that happens to reveal his dark secret when meeting me, will not be able to turn down the offer of a good treat
Photokina is over, next 3 weeks i am in Rostock doing wet jobs (e.g. sushi from material i have no control over and do not dare to offer as reference).
October is K-Fair for Dow Chem. in Düsseldorf, November is electronica in Munich for Kyocera.
They have two underrated Smartphones out by the way.
Could someone compile or point to a list with arguments so i can talk the ceo over to sailfish

Last edited by mosen; 2016-09-25 at 18:02. Reason: added links

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
A little down at the moment and got sick of myself and when I am in that mood I go out and take a long walk.

So today I took a visit to my nearest park called, Hissingsparken in Gothenburg, in the evening.

It turns out to be dark very fast in sweden this time at the year the boring winter is coming. I took some photos and a little later it was really dark. I realized I have forgot to install flashlight on my Fairphone and since I did not have any money on my SIM card I could not download the app. So it was a little bit hard walking home since some of the places at the park has no light et all.

Anyway I choose upload this photo since it looks a little bit ghost to me...

Phone is Fairphone 2 with SailfishOS. I did rotate the picture since FP2 sailfishos does not do it :/
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
^--THAT was pretty much what I was expecting from my shot, given my previous experience with the Jolla's camera and its performance in adverse light conditions. As I said, an improvised tripod and a shutter delay do miracles.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ india

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeff7867 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Very nice. What have you got now? Can you replicate that shot? Could be a winning entry . . .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, picture