Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Thr phone will not charge without os on it. One way to fix this is to take out the battery find its + and - terminals and charge it with 5 v for about 10-15 minutes. This will revive the battery.
No, don't do that.
There are dedicated Li-Ion chargers that do it without destroying the battery in the process and cost maybe 2 euros on ebay.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
No, don't do that.
There are dedicated Li-Ion chargers that do it without destroying the battery in the process and cost maybe 2 euros on ebay.
Before I got myself one of those, I just used the charger that came with my camera. I had to make improvised leads out of aluminium foil from e.g. a chocolate wrapping and a way to fix them to the battery with my daughter's hair band but it worked fine.

All Li-Ion batteries are the same; they only differ in the capacity, which will only affect how long the charging would take.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Argentina
@TheKit, thanks for this alfa port!

I want to experience Sailfish OS, and the cheaper way (actually the only one, given my location and circumstances) is test it on Motorola Droid 4 XT894

I don't have a Motorola Droid 4 XT894 yet, and I know this is an alpha, but I wonder if:

-Both cameras (Primary 8mp and secondary 1.3mp) are working to take photos?
-HDMI port it works?
-Bluetooth doesn't work at all? (i.e to send a file to a laptop or another phone)
-It is possible to record audio?

The Following User Says Thank You to maegon9y00 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maegon9y00 View Post
@TheKit, thanks for this alfa port!

I want to experience Sailfish OS, and the cheaper way (actually the only one, given my location and circumstances) is test it on Motorola Droid 4 XT894

I don't have a Motorola Droid 4 XT894 yet, and I know this is an alpha, but I wonder if:

-Both cameras (Primary 8mp and secondary 1.3mp) are working to take photos?
-HDMI port it works?
-Bluetooth doesn't work at all? (i.e to send a file to a laptop or another phone)
-It is possible to record audio?
Honestly I wouldn't recommend it if your goal is to experience Sailfish OS, since the port is still in early stage. You might be able to get Nexus 4 for cheap, for example, which has better hardware and mature port. But to answer your questions:
  • Both cameras work for taking photos.
  • HDMI is untested, but likely it won't work, since SailfishOS doesn't have support for secondary outputs, and there was no HDMI on Jolla Tablet.
  • Bluetooth can scan and detect the devices, but something prevents it from making actual connection, so no.
  • You mean like a sound recorder? Yes, there is an application to record sound from mic in warehouse. If you mean voice calls recording, I didn't try it yet, but it might need more work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
There is old slimport branch in qt5-qpa-hwcomposer-plugin so maybe it is possible to add support for regular hdmi.
https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=765

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
@mp107 here is local_manifest.xml: https://gist.github.com/NotKit/95ec7...53ae467f613cbe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Quick update: got video recording fixed thanks to mal at #sailfishos-porters.

Currently I switched to SailfishOS 2.1.0.11 and there is no browser scaling issue anymore, everything else seems to work more or less the same. The main issue is Bluetooth now.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to contact sledges to add device to OBS, which is required for OTA updates. I'm waiting for this to make new image, otherwise reflashing is needed.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2016 @ United States
When I tap a text field, the software keyboard does not show up. Someone has posted this bug on the github with this log:
Code:
Mar 16 21:40:51 Sailfish dbus-daemon[603]: Activating via systemd: service name='org.maliit.server' unit='maliit-server.service'
Mar 16 21:40:56 Sailfish dbus-daemon[603]: Successfully activated service 'org.maliit.server'
Mar 16 21:40:56 Sailfish invoker[731]: WARNING: bool MIMPluginManagerPrivate::loadPlugin(const QDir&, const QString&) Error loading plugin from "/usr/lib/maliit/plugins/libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so" "The shared library was not found."

[root@Sailfish nemo]# ls -l /usr/lib/maliit/plugins/
total 24
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21814 Jan  1  2000 jolla-keyboard.qml
I would assume the log is likely the same for my phone, but I haven't checked.

Edit: I seem to be getting the issue where APN settings do not save after a reboot as well. I remember having this issue back on the Nexus 5, but I can't remember how I fixed it, and I can't find whatever I read on it before.

Last edited by ThePhxRises; 2017-04-15 at 03:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePhxRises For This Useful Post:
chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono should help with APN.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2016 @ United States
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono should help with APN.
That did it, but even with my APN set up, I'm not getting service in the same places I do on android, or any places for that matter. I'm on verizon and I'm using vzwinternet as my APN. Does this port utilize CDMA properly?

EDIT: And my protocol is set to Dual.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhxRises For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894