Active Topics

Poll: Would you use a Slack app on SFOS
Poll Options
Would you use a Slack app on SFOS

Just a gauge, does anyone here use slack? Its a instant messaging app for work effectively.

Would anyone be interested in an app for SF

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I'd be interested. Right now I'm using the Android client on Sailfish. Native client would be just superb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Using it at work in dev team. Got some good **** for sure. Good to share code/questions and build integration notification.

So I could use it but I'm in active boycott until Jolla fix the tablet scam.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Using it at work in dev team. Got some good **** for sure. Good to share code/questions and build integration notification.

So I could use it but I'm in active boycott until Jolla fix the tablet scam.
I've noticed haha

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Using it at work as team communication tool, on mobile am using the web client which is not that good...

However we are trying to get away from Slack... since we have hit the limit of the free version where history diappears about the same rate new messages come in (which is fairly quick)
Licencing the paid version is a no-no since we have about 350 users... the fees quickly climb up to amazing annual sum.
There's also the fact that when you are using Slack you trust your company confidental information to a cloud service hosted by a 3rd party... not nice IMHO.

However the free/self-hosted alternatives all have some shortcomings, and the inertia of hundreds of people using a system is large --> it is fairly difficult to migrate...

TL;DR having a native Slack client would be nice but I am not prepared to pay for it more than maybe 20 euros or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, slack