Notices

Btw, in internet radio view, you can move the slider around - it's not disabled. Imo the slider should just be removed entirely if you're playing internet radio, it's pointless and looks ugly.

Also, a "clear all radio stations" button would be nice so I don't have to sit and delete the stock radio stations one by one. (Or delete mafw.db :P)

Another cool thing would be an easier-to-press "Add to now playing" button. Right now you need to press and hold down the song for a second and then click Add to now playing. A button on the side of the song listing would be really cool.

One more cool thing would be an "Always shuffle" option. Sometimes I choose a song from the All songs listing (or something like that) and the shuffle turns off and I keep forgetting that I need to turn it back on myself.

Also, is it just me, or does selecting "Shuffle All Songs" take significantly more time than the stock media player? In the stock player I press shuffle and almost instantaneously, the song starts playing. In OMP I need to wait a few seconds or so while the list "fills up" and then it starts playing.

Speaking of song listing, it'd be cool if I could "type to search" in the now playing list.

Also probably related to libplayback but the song doesn't stop when you get a call.

Sorry for clobbering you with requests/bugs :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
when ./install_mediaplayer.sh
after runnning, it said:

chmod: /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer: No such file or directory
-sh: exec: line 1: /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer: not found
Same problem

any help ?

------

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
do u mind letting me know if this is the latest media player or the same one already there in n900 latest version?
thx

Originally Posted by maemo55 View Post
Same problem

any help ?

------
Repeating an earlier post, but...
You need to create /usr/local/bin and run the installer again.

sudo gainroot
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin

This is something MAG's installer script could do, but I'm sure he assumed /usr/local/bin already existed since it's on 99% of Linux systems already!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Repeating an earlier post, but...
You need to create /usr/local/bin and run the installer again.

sudo gainroot
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin

This is something MAG's installer script could do, but I'm sure he assumed /usr/local/bin already existed since it's on 99% of Linux systems already!
Yea worked for me when I created "bin" using FileBox, but this code is way much easier and I would have done it if I knew.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
any plans to port OMP to meego handset?

If I am correct the reference mediaplayer foor meego is unmaintained soo we need this for meego 900nDE IMHO

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
All, please, for the sake of MohammedAG's sanity at the least, can we restrict this thread to just actual bug reports of what is released at the moment? Once there is a stable, working version I'm sure MAG will be more than happy to consider enhancement requests. This thread is rapidly going the way of the CSSU thread where the signal-to-noise ratio is getting worse by the day...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I seriously hope MAG fiddles with the loading speed somehow and somewhen.
I like the entertainment view. could imagine other nice effects there.

All thumbs up for MohammadAG so far!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Little bug: I've started an internet radio and then, I quit OMP using the X button. OMP closes but theradio feed is still playing (Five minutes have passed and it is still playing...)

BTW, could it be possible to control how much secs of audio is queued before the player starts to actually play the stream? Sometime, when only 2g is available, it would be best to use a longer buffer.

Thanks for this great player. Would you be interested in a little plugin that would fetch/display the lyrics onf the song being played? I could take a look at this. I'm no qml expert, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by jprobichaud View Post
Little bug: I've started an internet radio and then, I quit OMP using the X button. OMP closes but theradio feed is still playing (Five minutes have passed and it is still playing...)
Haven't you read announcement? It'a not a bug, it's a feature

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
  • Closing the mediaplayer will not stop playback, this is configurable in settings (main view -> title bar menu -> Settings).

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse