Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
][off topic]
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
[ Notwithstanding that I don't see why a group name would include a special Japanese character
Some people LOVE to put emoticons ( ) in their group names. For me I do not care about emoticons at all I am happy with the traditional happy face , but I reported this so the developer could know about it, whether he fixes it is not my business, I just care about the upper case letters thing
[off topic]

And again I really appreciate your work, thanks a lot.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
The emoji set used in Whatsapp is not part of the Unicode specification for japanese emoticons. In Whatsapp an emoji is like 0xEE 0x80 0x85.

Maemo doesn't allow me to put icons in the Windows title name (where the subject is) so you can start forgetting about that.

Also, I wonder how did they manage to put smileys in the subject? Because I have an Android and I just can't.

About the arabic keyboard, I have no clue how to fix it. I just use QTextEdit from Qt. I wonder if that also happens to you in other Qt applications. If it's a bug in Maemo Qt, we will never see a fix for it.

hi man how are u?

i check the notifications "other notifications" but dosent light when i recive a msj, what could be the error?

Maybe you didn't reboot your phone when you installed Yappari, other than that, I can't think of any other reason to not turn on the LED.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Maybe you didn't reboot your phone when you installed Yappari, other than that, I can't think of any other reason to not turn on the LED.
yah when i update it to vs 0.15 i did reboot.. no idea im cheking and its mark.. i chek the intant msj too to see if that works

at the next update with multimedia can we recived and send it too?

No, just receive, and just images. Sending things is a LOT of work, receiving things is not that much work.

amigo no lo puedo instalar

i'm not sure if these have been mentioned before, but there are two things i'd like to report.

1) with yappari running, the internet connection menu sometimes pops up three or four times even though i'm already connected to the internet. i'm not sure if this is yappari related.
2) does changing the status string in yappari.conf change our status?

if these have been mentioned before, i apologize for asking the same things again.

1) If you change from Wifi to 3G or viceversa, the connection menu will pop up even if the change is successful. That's a weird Qt bug. If your connection is stable and you're not changing it, Yappari won't show the dialog.

2) No. That only contains the last status Yappari sent to the server (and was confirmed by it).

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The emoji set used in Whatsapp is not part of the Unicode specification for japanese emoticons. In Whatsapp an emoji is like 0xEE 0x80 0x85.
It might be worth noting that the emoji in indeed in Unicode.

But since XMPP uses UTF-8 for its data communication, so when you see EE 80 85, it's actually a 16-bit unicode data with value of E0 05 (http://www.rishida.net/tools/conversion/).
And as we've known that emoji range in E0xx, so yeah Whatsapp indeed use the same Unicode standard for its emoji.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp