Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Sync Now button is to refresh the status of your contacts, that's all. It's done in the background.

Maybe you have a different definition of synchronization than Whatsapp?

thanx SCORPIUS for the update, but you didnt mentioned what changes are in this version i min 0.0.18

There's no changes Just to avoid the annoying server messages and that little trick for NITDroid users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
well i have just installed it and worked ike charm, if you can work on copying conversation massage on yappari like we can on maemo conversation i'l glad because i have been waiting for it to land in yappari someday and since there is no forwarding but putting copying functionality would be great

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
There's no changes Just to avoid the annoying server messages and that little trick for NITDroid users.
thanx Scorpius.... I already got some 70 messages from the skype

Scorpius, here's an idea.

How about if during registration step, users are presented with choice to either
1. Proceed with normal registration (though this would not work anyway for now, but keep it for later versions)
2. Let users input any IMEI number and treat them as registered users. That way they don't need to install NITdroid and can finished their registration on other phones

I don't really know the detail on registration process, but I think shouldn't this work? Since yappari only needs an already registered phone IMEI for generating password right?

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
I don't really know the detail on registration process, but I think shouldn't this work? Since yappari only needs an already registered phone IMEI for generating password right?
And that phone that you used to register your number can't ever register Whatsapp for his own number because you already registered it?

It's not like you can ask a friend to borrow his Android phone and register your SIM because 99% chances are your friend also wants to use Whatsapp with his own phone.

So I don't think it's a good idea... two numbers can't have the same IMEI.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
And that phone that you used to register your number can't ever register Whatsapp for his own number because you already registered it?

It's not like you can ask a friend to borrow his Android phone and register your SIM because 99% chances are your friend also wants to use Whatsapp with his own phone.

So I don't think it's a good idea... two numbers can't have the same IMEI.
No. Actually i was referring to the latter where you use your friend's androod to register your own number. But I have no idea that you can't register 2 numbers with same IMEI

Is it me or everyone got the this problem....

If we Quit yappari... or had to reboot the N900 for some reasone...

all the group chats are closed and If u want to post something on the group chat u have to wait till somebody does....

and unknown numbers are displayed with names instead of numbers...
Plz reply

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Thank you Scorpius! Yappari is working again on my N900 thanks to the NITDroid method you posted yesterday :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp