Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Please try non-stock ROM slot (for example ROM slot 1). I didn't actually know that "stock" slot can be used for installing custom ROMs in SafeStrap, going to fix this in init scripts. If it takes more than a few minutes for initial boot, something went wrong and it probably won't boot.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Installed without problems this time. Only walked through the tutorial and used the phone app, but that all works flawless.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
As a quick fix, extract files from the this archive, then do:
Code:
devel-su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp kernel /system/etc/kexec/
cp accessories.ini /etc/ohm/plugins.d/
I plan to do a new build to fix this and some other issues from the thread later.
Marvellous, thank you - working perfectly.
For my purposes, at least, this is now fully usable.
The only other little thing I've noticed, which I'm not really going to miss, is that the keyboard doesn't light up.
Thanks again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Create ini file in /etc/mce/
[KeyPad]
BrightnessDirectory=/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight // or similar path

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
I've spent a few minutes navigating Sailfish and selected Landscape mode. It did change apps behaviour but very inconsistent in the GUI. Sailfish issue?

The OS is pretty snappy and touchscreen responds very well. Battery life seems to be not too bad as well. Now 60% so -40% in 1 day. Not played around with it very long though, without WIFI connection.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Hi TheKit,

I couldn't seem to get Windows to recognise my phone when I connected via USB to transfer files? But then I realised I could just use WinSCP over WiFi which is miles better anyway, so I can't think of any reason, personally, to use USB again.

I can't believe how little attention this has got, given that CM/Lineage 13 and 14 aren't that stable at the moment, and this is very stable and fast. I reckon that once you post on XDA this could be quite popular - I'm certainly sticking with it!

If you do make any more improvements, it would be wonderful if you could post the commands required for existing users (like me) to save a reinstall, but I appreciate that's a lot to ask.

Many thanks again

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-03-09 at 21:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
I can't believe how little attention this has got, given that CM/Lineage 13 and 14 aren't that stable at the moment, and this is very stable and fast. I reckon that once you post on XDA this could be quite popular - I'm certainly sticking with it!
IMHO nobody on XDA will really care about this. They are so Android-centric they don't even want to know SFOS exists...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
IMHO nobody on XDA will really care about this. They are so Android-centric they don't even want to know SFOS exists...
Nexus 4 & 5 have their threads on XDA and they have much more pages then in here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...2841266/page79
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...2969823/page78

I think some people think that this is another custom rom for their devices.

I love this OS and i'm never gonna use android on nexus 4 or nexus 5. From now on i'll be choosing smartphone based on if it can run or not SFOS. It's great sony will support it officialy on their xperia devices, that makes it easy to buy a smartphone with decent hardware and camera and play with SFOS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I miss the real XDA- aka windows-mobile-days of XDA-DEV, without all these cyanogenmod repackers and the lack of interest in anything besides android..

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following User Says Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Something went horribly wrong! First I wiped everything excluding internal storage. Then I flashed CM11 and SFOS. I tried to boot but got black screen for about 10min. Then I rebooted to safestrap and selected ROM slot 1 instead of stock ROM. Then I tried flashing again and got black screen for 10min.

After that I was not able to boot safestrap again. I was able to boot AP Fastboot so I tried to flash FXZ. After 5min FXZ failed because I was out power. My Droid 4 doesn't charge anymore. I guess that I need new Droid 4 with fresh battery so that I'm able to recover my old Droid 4.

I don't know what I did wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to QWERTY_Slider For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by QWERTY_Slider View Post
Something went horribly wrong! First I wiped everything excluding internal storage. Then I flashed CM11 and SFOS. I tried to boot but got black screen for about 10min. Then I rebooted to safestrap and selected ROM slot 1 instead of stock ROM. Then I tried flashing again and got black screen for 10min.

After that I was not able to boot safestrap again. I was able to boot AP Fastboot so I tried to flash FXZ. After 5min FXZ failed because I was out power. My Droid 4 doesn't charge anymore. I guess that I need new Droid 4 with fresh battery so that I'm able to recover my old Droid 4.

I don't know what I did wrong
Booting from stock slot doesn't work, as it was found in the topic before, I should have updated the first post to say this explicitly. For modern phone I would connect it to charger and leave for some time even if it doesn't display anything on screen, but not sure if this phone will charge without OS running, need someone who is more familiar to it to confirm. In the worst case you can use universal battery charger like this one.

Sorry that it went this way for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894