Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Damn, I hoped for it after the above message.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I have't found any way that I can see my twitter user lists in tweetian; I presume therefore that they're not supported?

Thanks for this great app, it almost makes me think of the wonderful Gravity on symbian (miss that lots, but my N95 I ran it on is so dead battery-connection wise and going back to numeric-keypad only would be a bit painful)

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by jgbreezer View Post
I have't found any way that I can see my twitter user lists in tweetian; I presume therefore that they're not supported?
Go to your profile page (the 2nd button from the right on the bottom toolbar... the little "head and shoulders"), it's all in there.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Ankara, Turkey
Today i started to getting an error: When i try to look at someone profile (even my own profile) an error occured: Error (403: Frobidden). Anything about that?

A bug report: streaming doesn't work anymore. Never.

my own profile works but others have stopped working

Probably it's a simple thing (e.g. a changed request), does somebody know more?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
There was a comment on twitter from Dickson saying he was no longer maintaining tweetian......

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
A tweet from dickson
Since there are still surprisingly amount of Tweetian users, I releasing the last update to fix the 403 error https://t.co/naVubhUhKe

Alas its the last version
Hope someone takes it to the next level
#dreaming

The Following User Says Thank You to zaidk9 For This Useful Post:
no update for the n900? time to get a new phone?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Ok, here's little bit of history of Tweetian: When I start develop Tweetian, I just do it for fun and practicing. I never expect that Tweetian will get so many users. That's why I release it as free (and open source after that), because it is a spare time project and I never plan to monetize and maintain it.

My programming skill (especially C++) is extremely low when I start develop Tweetian (I'm just a student who knew a little bit of Java). So at that stage the code is very poorly written (and hard to maintain).

Slowly when I developed Tweetian my knowledge and skill is improved, until a stage where I realise the code for Tweetian to too poor written and very hard to maintain. So I stopped developed new feature for it and only give a passive support (for API changes).

Why don't I do a rewrite then? Because it is too hard. I takes ~3 months to release a pre-release version and maybe half year for to get it submitted to Nokia Store.

I really happy that there are so many Tweetian users (mainly because it is free?). However, I'm still a student. I develop Tweetian just for interest and never for money. The "responsibility" for me to continue maintain it is too heavy because it has so many users, while I get very less incentive in return.

TL;DR I developed apps just for fun and interest. I never expect to have such heavy responsibility to maintain it after I no longer interested in it (because it is getting hard to maintain). You can say I'm irresponsibility, but remember that I didn't earn any money for all the apps I developed.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post: