Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Suddenly getting an error message when trying to download any new podcasts:
"Failed I/O Error(-2 'Name or service not known')"

And this for podcasts I've had a long time and downloaded many episodes of.

Help please/
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Suddenly getting an error message when trying to download any new podcasts:
"Failed I/O Error(-2 'Name or service not known')"
Sounds like a DNS problem to me. Try waiting some time to see if the problem goes away or use Google's DNS servers.

Finally upgraded from 2.6-1 to 2.9-1 and lost all my episodes (this happened to me on an upgrade awhile back too!). how can i force a rebuild from an old db?

Any help out there for me?

Originally Posted by TR6C View Post
Any help out there for me?
What is the output of "gpodder --verbose" in X Terminal? It should give a clue about what's wrong. Also, can you send me your gPodder database (gpodder-backup -f -c gpodder-db.tar.gz) via private mail (my username at gpodder dot org)? Thanks!

Is there a way delete multiple podcasts at once? Right now I can do one at a time, and it's very slow.

Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
Is there a way delete multiple podcasts at once? Right now I can do one at a time, and it's very slow.
Yes, on Maemo 4 (N8x0) there is an option for that in the menu (both for podcasts and for episodes).

On Maemo 5 (N900) the options are there in the main view app menu. It is planned to add this to the menu of the episode list for single podcasts as well.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
What is the output of "gpodder --verbose" in X Terminal? It should give a clue about what's wrong. Also, can you send me your gPodder database (gpodder-backup -f -c gpodder-db.tar.gz) via private mail (my username at gpodder dot org)? Thanks!
thanks for response.
here is output:

$ gpodder --verbose
Auto-detected: Maemo OS2008 (--maemo)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: <accelerator> requires a key attribute
self.builder.add_from_file(filename)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: Unknown property: GtkTreeView.has-tooltip

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: Unknown property: GtkVSeparator.orientation

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:67: Warning: gsignal.c:1617: signal `query-tooltip' is invalid for instance `0x3d61d8'
self.builder.connect_signals(self)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:67: Warning: gsignal.c:1617: signal `query-tooltip' is invalid for instance `0x3d6008'
self.builder.connect_signals(self)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py:1112: GtkWarning: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure: assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL' failed
menu.append(self.itemRemoveChannel.create_menu_ite m())
[ 32.703] (Database) load_channels()
[ 32.806] (Database) Connected
[ 32.843] (Database) Setting up tables and views
[ 32.983] start reader
[ 33.052] end reader (benchmark: 0.0683 seconds)
[ 33.123] (MygPoClient) Reloading settings.
[ 33.125] (Database) load_channels()
[ 35.178] (MygPoClient) Flush requested, but sync disabled.
[ 121.953] (Database) COMMIT
[ 121.955] (Database) Optimizing database for faster startup.
[ 145.184] (MygPoClient) Worker thread may not execute (disabled).
~ $

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by TR6C View Post
thanks for response.
here is output:
I can't see anything strange from that. Please send me a backup of your database via private e-mail. You can use the "gpodder-backup" utility to create a backup of your database. Use the "--fake-downloads" flag to only include the database and not the (potentially very big) download files.

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
I have just downloaded a new podcast which has saved in the same folders as the older files (the files that i cannot get gpodder to see) so i am a bit confused as to how i can get gpodder to see them all again.
You have to copy /home/user/.config/gpodder from an old backup into the new system, as this is where the gPodder database resides. In a future gPodder version, the database and configuration will sit in the Podcasts folder, avoiding this situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
media, podcasts