Notices

Posts: 341 | Thanked: 314 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Overall speed doesnt seem to be better than the Nexus 5, apps are starting slowly, battery life is good so far, camera as indicated above instable regarding focus, i miss the Jolla store, videos on websites have audio only.
If you installed SFOS using circulating images I suppose only two 'small' cores are active, hence suboptimal performances

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 1,855 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
My first post with Sony X and SFOS. I am a little bit disappointed coming from a Nexus 5 with SFOS.

Overall speed doesnt seem to be better than the Nexus 5, apps are starting slowly, battery life is good so far, camera as indicated above instable regarding focus, i miss the Jolla store, videos on websites have audio only.

I think many issues might be related to the specific build, lets wait for Jolla.
That's one of my gripes with SFOS it feels quite sluggish and does not seem to utilise the hardware that it runs on.

Posts: 341 | Thanked: 314 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
That's one of my gripes with SFOS it feels quite sluggish and does not seem to utilise the hardware that it runs on.
I cannot say I have a lot of experience since my active phone is still my good old friend N900. I have to say that I've been using the XperiaX with last Nougat update as a Tablet at home. Installed first SailfishOS image three days ago and I liked the SO a lot more than Android.
Today I compiled my own image and tried the mod for having all 6 cores working, things looks really promising!

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I don't know about the build that was posted here but the build that I use only has 2 cpu-cores enabled by default.

I needed to edit the /init.loire.pwr.rc file and add this under the init-section to enable all of them. (All credit for this go to abranson from the #sailfishos-porters irc).

Last edited by jakibaki; Today at 22:13.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia