Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I have a Thecus 5200 NAS and I spent around 30 hours expanding a 2TB RAID1 to a 3TB RAID5. I am trying to copy around 900gb from the JBOD drive in the same NAS to the RAID5 disks, and after that's done, I can add the remaining 2x1TB drives to the RAID5.

The problem I am having is I'm in WinXP and dragging and dropping files is taking ages. 7gb takes a few hours, nd my guess is this is the problem of using this machine to tell that machine to transfer over the network. Is there a way I should be able to transfer it easil and much more quickly than I am now? Anoter problem I'm getting is some dropouts from the network, so leaving it copying overnight doesn't even help as it may just stop. That's probably a problem of using this machine to tell that machine to copy files over.

Any help is welcome!

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
No worries, I manually copied everything over after a very long time and left the RAID building while on holiday. All done now.