Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to connect a bluetooth remote control or headset (such as a Jabra BT3030 which would be perfect as a remote control) with remote controls to control the video playback of the media player?

Use for this would be connecting the N900 via TV out to a TV and watching movies. The normal controls of play/pause/forward/rewind as well as volume controls would be useful. As well as the standard feature of answering phone calls by the microphone (which probably already works). Playlists for videos (eg. music videos) may be needed in future to forward from clip to clip rather than forward within the movie file.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London

Well.. U want to turn on Bluetooth on the Device.. To do that.. tap the status bar.. tap Bluetooth. Then Check box for "Bluetooth ON' and the Checkbox for Visible should be checked..

Then Press and hold the sync/power button the Jabra BT3030 till it goes into pairing mode..

On the N900 select "devices" and new device.. Wait till it detects the Jabra BT3030.. The select the Device and click the " Pair" button..

If all goes well that should be it..

PS.. Hit thanks button if useful..

I know all that, I meant to control the watching of videos with the remote control. The TV out wires are not very long so the phone stays next to the TV.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I own the Nokia BH-214 headset (which works great in conjunction with the N900, btw).

I tried using the BH-214 as a bluetooth remote in conjunction with the video player and the TV-out. You can use it to stop/play, rewind/fast forward the video--but sound is not output to the TV-out (at least as far as I can tell).

However...

The BH-214 works fantastically as a BT remote in conjunction with the FM transmitter. You can remove the headphones from the BT device, so what you are left with is a little remote that is handy for changing tracks without having to fumble around with the n900 touch-screen while driving...

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I own the Nokia BH-214 headset (which works great in conjunction with the N900, btw).

I tried using the BH-214 as a bluetooth remote in conjunction with the video player and the TV-out. You can use it to stop/play, rewind/fast forward the video--but sound is not output to the TV-out (at least as far as I can tell).

However...

The BH-214 works fantastically as a BT remote in conjunction with the FM transmitter. You can remove the headphones from the BT device, so what you are left with is a little remote that is handy for changing tracks without having to fumble around with the n900 touch-screen while driving...
I have one of these as well. I'll have to try it out. The only problem so far, is listening to music and the sound cutting out for a second occasionally.

Can I use the wiimote to control the N900 when watching movies?