Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
(note: this is different to the behavour in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40792)

I've had the strangest thing just now. I just noticed all the widgets just vanished. This was after I was listening to music over a bluetooth headset. I couldn't add them back so I rebooted but they still weren't there. I left the phone for 10 minutes and then tried to re-add them to the desktop. As I added the ones I use, they appeared in the same locations as before, but only if I selected to add them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am not using devel or testing.
The only updates that came through were for Pidgin Bonjour/Butterfly and I think GConvert.

Everything appears to be back now, so I wonder what caused it ?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kent, England
I have had this when adding a widget and suddenly lost 2 pages of widgets.

I think the reason for disappearing widgets is because you have low memory in your rootfs. I noticed when i have low rootfs MB, things are not as smooth such as scrolling and playing music and widgets even disappeared.

Go open up your Xterminal and type in df -h and find out how much rootfs space you used up!!

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
around 38b free on rootfs.. what's a normal level? I have installed all apps from Ovi, Maemo Select and Extras as well as the N emulators and cbrPager.

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
around 38b free on rootfs.. what's a normal level? I have installed all apps from Ovi, Maemo Select and Extras as well as the N emulators and cbrPager.
38Mb FREE on rootfs is pretty good. Normal is probably like 70% used.

I have seen the same thing (disappearing widgets) when making minor modifications to the widgets, contacts and shortcuts on the desktops. A couple of times already.