Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I have had no luck changing the volume while using a stereo bluetooth headset. The ones that I have tried so far are a Motorola S9, Nokia BH-214 and Jabra-BT3030.

The other problem - with any stereo bluetooth headset I've tried - is choppy audio. Even outside of wi-fi use, it sometimes drops for a second and then the music continues playing. I've never had this problem with my Blackberry Bold or Nokia N82.

Has anyone had this issue? I've spent the past couple days looking for this but no distinct topic with the volume issue.

Another problem I've had is the connection is sometimes awful and the music played does not sound right at all. I tested this with a wired speaker directly. I got around the problem by disconnecting the headset and reconnecting and most times it is fixed.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I have had no luck changing the volume while using a stereo bluetooth headset. The ones that I have tried so far are a Motorola S9, Nokia BH-214 and Jabra-BT3030.
I can change volume with my BH-214.

The other problem - with any stereo bluetooth headset I've tried - is choppy audio. Even outside of wi-fi use, it sometimes drops for a second and then the music continues playing. I've never had this problem with my Blackberry Bold or Nokia N82.
What player are you using? I noticed over in a thread on qtify that the developer was changing from using a helper library to using Pulse Audio directly (IIRC), and he said that the temporary drops in sound would be going away...

Another problem I've had is the connection is sometimes awful and the music played does not sound right at all.
I've not been experiencing this problem, but I have a question: Is this related to usage as a phone? I am thinking that the BT stack may be switching over to using headset profile when you make/receieve a call, and not switch back.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I have an unofficial BT3030 and rarely have problems as long as WiFi is off (my play/pause button does not work but I think thats a hardware fault).

I have however had sound dropouts whenever it tried to play a system sound, such as an incoming IM/SMS will just silence the music for the length of the sound file, but not play the sound. A few times it will also then fail to return sound at all until I fiddle around in media player.

I also once had it connect as voice profile instead of stereo, just turned the BT3030 off then on again and it fixed it.

Of course I have had sound drop at other times due to heavy disk IO but that is normal for the N900 in general and happens with the headphones plugged direct too. That is in fact par for the course using a multi-tasking machine on FLASH media, desktop SSDs had similar problems until recently when they upped the cache and improved the controller chips.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Is it the bootleg bt3030 from china? If so, how is the Stereo sound quality?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
mine are all genuine.
I'm using the default Media Player.

Can you change volume with the BH-214 even with wi-fi on ?