Notices

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
There is no actual separate Moobox thread on here so I'm making this one.

I've tried installing it and after today's update, I still get nothing.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and when looking in the Moobox folder in N900 (root on N900 device's file manager)/MooBox, I found nothing. Perhaps the mp3s haven't transferred over? I'm getting the new pictures like a duck and a cat etc.

Anyway, I know it's just a fun little application, just means a little more to me cos my little sister got me a moobox from Lapland on the Swedish side when she was there so it would be funny for us.

Anyone had success with this ?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
I had it working, but as I recall, it took some effort to get it to "Moo". After some shaking and poking, it finally did "Moo" and the other animals too made their respective noises. Then I uninstalled it. After uninstalling, the /Moobox directory is still there and is empty, so I deleted it.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
There is no actual separate Moobox thread on here so I'm making this one.

I've tried installing it and after today's update, I still get nothing.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and when looking in the Moobox folder in N900 (root on N900 device's file manager)/MooBox, I found nothing. Perhaps the mp3s haven't transferred over? I'm getting the new pictures like a duck and a cat etc.

Anyway, I know it's just a fun little application, just means a little more to me cos my little sister got me a moobox from Lapland on the Swedish side when she was there so it would be funny for us.

Anyone had success with this ?

Ummm, works fine for me? had it since an early version, no issues with the update and all works fine?! - there is a little slowness... but nothing wrong with it. Tis my favorite app

Same here. Works fine for me - been installed for ages (first app iinstalled I think). My two year old loves it.

(Would love it to work with the screen locked too so he can't do any harm)........

Works great for me also. All those animal sounds had the kids guessing when the bedroom door was closed

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Very odd. I installed it the first time it appeared in Extras.
What are you doing to activate the sound? I've tried shaking it about and rotating it along each axis, turning it over on a desk etc.

Does anyone else have any files in their folder? Or is everything installed in the 2gb partition?

Ok I've shaken it much more violently than before and I get a noise. It does seem to take quite a lot of effort! I don't seem to be able to replicate it very often at the moment though. Holding it vertical with the back of the phone in my palm and flicking the wrist seems to get the best results so far.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Ok I've shaken it much more violently than before and I get a noise. It does seem to take quite a lot of effort! I don't seem to be able to replicate it very often at the moment though. Holding it vertical with the back of the phone in my palm and flicking the wrist seems to get the best results so far.
Shaking? lol

Never shaken it to get it to work!

You just turn the phone upside down (depending on the orientation of the picture), then turn it back straight again... takes about a second to play

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Very odd. I installed it the first time it appeared in Extras.
What are you doing to activate the sound? I've tried shaking it about and rotating it along each axis, turning it over on a desk etc.

Does anyone else have any files in their folder? Or is everything installed in the 2gb partition?
Rotate upside down, then rotate back to normal in portrait. Just like the real thing.

Clearly Noobmonkey and me come from the moo generation