Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bay area ca
Where do you change the user agent and add? Can you send instructions on how to add it.

Thanks

>>
Originally Posted by hwong_pz View Post
Here you go, do note the "keypad" looks funny n pressing certain number(s) seem to bring up the settings dialog. Tried with Nexus One's user agent but it just bring up the mobile page.

5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

nokiabuff,
give google a quick search for microb user agent thats what I did

as far as the this site goes it appears to be un usable for me. it looks nothing like it did on the iphone unless I'm doing something wrong

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
@nokiabuff: there's an app call HideUserAgent in the extras-testing repository. It enables you to change the browser's user agent under settings, that's how websites identifies users and directs them to appropriate sites. Do note this app is in the testing process, and it may still have some problems that can break your device, so do not install it unless you are comfortable with that.

@mrdally204: yea, you are right, it'll goes to settings whenever I try to press '1'. Other than the messed up layout and stuff, it works. I tried calling my brother's cell and it goes through. The part I like about it is you don't have to wait for google voice's call back; it provides you a number to dial and it'll connects directly to the recipient, just like Skype on my n95

i cannot wait to get the nexus

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
install programs:
DialCentral: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29347
or
"The One ring": http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...632#post488632

Both was written by same developer and directly work with google voice. I like both of this programs.

Edit: Don't forget to press thanks to Epage
Unfortunately neither support playing back audio from voicemails, which would make google voice a TRUE "visual voicemail" replacement. The speech-to-text capabilities google uses is horrible in like 80% of the voicemails I receive.

Try the dial central app here in devs, it works nicely and bypasses the web need as it brings the info right to your device.