this still conflicts with the sixaxis package? when i install this, my sixaxis doesn't work.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, loss of kinetic scrolling smoothness is a known side effect of the new evdev driver.

i have bluetooth mouse sony vgp-BMs55 and i am able to pair this bluetooth mice with n900 but for some reason i am not able to see the mouse cursor anywhere on screen.

I dont know how to enable it.

i am beginner at coding and making changes toany files on my N900

can you please explain me how do i enable my bluetooth mouse "sony vgpbms55" or if some1 has already done can anyone please provide me with the link.

Thanks and its great pleasure reading posts on this forum.
This is my first post .

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by black_beard View Post
i have bluetooth mouse sony vgp-BMs55 and i am able to pair this bluetooth mice with n900 but for some reason i am not able to see the mouse cursor anywhere on screen.
I'm sorry if this is asking the obvious, but have you installed the package "Bluetooth HID scripts"? All the gory details are at the start of this thread - have you read it?

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
In version 0.9,to detect the external keyboard also changes settings for built-in keyboard on the N900.

Those who have keyboards in other languages suffer a serious problem. We left unconfigured physical keyboard.

Has anyone managed to solve the problem of choosing other languages on external keyboards?

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 2010-09-30 at 22:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Version 0.9 has resulted in detecting the keyboard also changes settings for physical keyboard on the N900.
I thought it was something to do with this updated version - after using BT I'm unable to type numbers on the N900's keyboard, ie typing '1' gets me a 'q', '2' = 'w' etc. Have to reboot to restore keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Hi, I just came to this forum and got my N900 one week ago. I tried to pair my Razer pro click bt mouse with N900 with no success. Might need some help getting the mouse working.

I installed the BT HID script. As I first tried to pair the mouse in GUI, it wouldn't pair because the PIN cannot be matched, I have tried some numbers like 0000,9999,1234,etc.

Then I tried to pair it using hcitool scan and dbus -send command, which worked with my BT keyboard. But I got the following error message for dbus -send,
Code:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method " Connect" with signature "" on interface " org.bluez.Input" doesn't exist
I have seen someone mentioned disabling authentication in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf earlier in this thread but didn't see any details. Could someone let me know how to do that or another way to make it work? Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
WhiteWolf, kureyon: See if version 0.10 helps you. The bt-kbd-remap script first maps the external keyboard, then it remaps the internal keyboard to the default setup (using "setxkbmap -device $INTKBDID -model nokiarx51").

Originally Posted by qole View Post
WhiteWolf, kureyon: See if version 0.10 helps you. The bt-kbd-remap script first maps the external keyboard, then it remaps the internal keyboard to the default setup (using "setxkbmap -device $INTKBDID -model nokiarx51").
Thanks, I try and tell the results.

Tested.

I still have problems, when it detects the external keyboard change keyboard settings of the N900.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package