Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I can't install gPodder 0.16.1-2fremantleui:

Unable to install 'gPodder Podcast Client'
Installation file corrupted
Also, this is not strictly a gPodder bug, but it's related.

fyi, I installed also the Pool game, but then it wouldn't allow me to uninstall gPodder. To reproduce:

1. Install gPodder.
2. Install Pool.
3. Uninstall gPodder.

Bug: gPodder is needed by Pool

4. Uninstall Pool - no problem.
5. Uninstall gPodder - no problem.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
The update fails to install: gpodder.postinst: line 9: maemo-select-menu-location: not found
Thanks for the report. This has been fixed in 0.16.1-3fremantleui which is currently going through the autobuilder. Please re-test after that packages becomes available in extras-devel.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I can't install gPodder 0.16.1-2fremantleui:
You are probably experiencing the same bug as kanishou. Please try 0.16.1-3fremantleui, which should be available in extas-devel in the next minutes.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Also, this is not strictly a gPodder bug, but it's related.

fyi, I installed also the Pool game, but then it wouldn't allow me to uninstall gPodder. To reproduce:

1. Install gPodder.
2. Install Pool.
3. Uninstall gPodder.

Bug: gPodder is needed by Pool

4. Uninstall Pool - no problem.
5. Uninstall gPodder - no problem.
Looking at "apt-cache show pool" in the SDK, Pool depends on python2.5, python2.5-hildon and python2.5-gtk2. It does not directly depend on gpodder (gPodder depends on python, python-gtk2, python-hildon, python-feedparser, python-dbus). Maybe that's a but in the application manager? The output of "apt-get remove pool" in xterm would be more helpful, as it should say exactly what's going on (it would be nice if there was a "verbose" mode in application manager that showed problems just like apt-get).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
The update fails to install: gpodder.postinst: line 9: maemo-select-menu-location: not found
I think I read somewhere that the command above isn't available in Fremantle, what should we use instead ?

Thanks !

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
I think I read somewhere that the command above isn't available in Fremantle, what should we use instead ?

Thanks !
You don't, AFAIK. :P

Fremantle does not have categories AFAIK. You can just check to see if maemo-menu-select-location exists:

Code:
if [ -x /usr/bin/maemo-select-menu-location ]; then
   maemo-select-menu-location foo.desktop
fi

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-06-16 at 11:05. Reason: Food? Must be hungry...

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
You don't, AFAIK. :P

Fremantle does not have categories AFAIK. You can just check to see if maemo-menu-select-location exists:

Code:
fi
Taking the suggestion from http://maemo.org/community/council/m...issing_out_on/ and your suggestion into account, the "proper" way to do this for both Diablo and Fremantle would be something like the following:

Code:
oldversion="$2"
if [ -x /usr/bin/maemo-select-menu-location -a -z "$oldversion" ]; then
fi
Still, the question while installing is annoying (even when only shown on first-time installs), so I'm happy if that goes away and a better menu structure replaces the current menu.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Taking the suggestion from http://maemo.org/community/council/m...issing_out_on/ and your suggestion into account, the "proper" way to do this for both Diablo and Fremantle would be something like the following:

Code:
oldversion="$2"
if [ -x /usr/bin/maemo-select-menu-location -a -z "$oldversion" ]; then
fi
Still, the question while installing is annoying (even when only shown on first-time installs), so I'm happy if that goes away and a better menu structure replaces the current menu.
True, the full thing from my package which I had taken it from was:

Code:
case "$1" in
    configure)
    [ -z "$2" ] && \
    fi
    ;;
esac

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Horrible screen layouts. Huge buttons at the right and the unused space eat all the screen estate, while the actual readable columns are squeezed and cropped.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Horrible screen layouts. Huge buttons at the right and the unused space eat all the screen estate, while the actual readable columns are squeezed and cropped.
Which version have you tried? The latest one is 0.16.1-5fremantleui. The UI in the video is already old again

The "new episodes available" dialog now looks like this:

Ok, so I fixed some other bugs and decided to put some screenshots here so you can see what has changed UI-wise since the video and screenshots have been published. You can find the current status and latest updates in the Wiki:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Stars/gPodder

The latest version is now 0.16.1-6fremantleui, and is available in Extras-Devel.

Tags
beta, fremantle, gpodder, hardware, test