Hi,

I've installed NITDroid long time ago but I don't remember if I've un-installed it or not, but most probably I did.

I've been facing a problem in the Multiboot menu of my device

As you can see, many versions of NITDroid and power kernel

1- How to know if I've NITDroid installed still or not, and how to safe uninstall it and wipe out all its related files ?!

2- How to remove the Mulitboot as I had only Ultimte BOOTLoder and I've un-installed.

3- How to know what kernel I'm working on now ?! As I've updated the latest kernel power to v52 and it's not shown in the Mulitboot menu

4- All what I want is a clean system with kernel power v52 ONLY installed, no older versions of kernel power and no NITDroid

Thanks

I don't know how multiboot works, but:

For (1), try to open all the Nitdroid kernels...
If it tries to start but crashes, that means the kernel is present but the File system isn't.

If it doesn't, start, means the kernels aren't present, check if the FileSystem is present:
Code:
$>sudo fdisk -l
Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 32.0 GB, 32015122432 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 977024 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/mmcblk0p1               2      884865    28315648   c Win95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2          884866      950401     2097152  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p3          950402      974977      786432  82 Linux swap
If you have more partitions than me, that's where your ND is installed.

For the current kernel
Code:
uname -a
For 4-
You'd need to claim the emmc space used by the ND partition. Don't know if a NitDroid uninstaller exists. If it doesn't you'd need to unmount all the mmcblk0 partitions, make a swapoff, delete ND partition and resize with fdisk.

I don't know how to uninstall multiboot, But I read that installing uboot deletes it. Then you can overwrite uboot with the KP (the non uboot version).

Consider making a complete backup, then reflash, then restore the backup. It'll be easier and faster than reading how to do all the things above.

Last edited by xvan; 2013-06-21 at 15:46.

Reflashing will get me a totally new device ?!

If yes, can you direct me please how can I do it ?!

Thank you

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...63&postcount=2

Define "new". It will not clean your scratched screan, worn out keyboard or broken USB. But it will get you a fresh start including wiping all your custom data.