Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Awesome theme man, great work, love the transitions bigtime and the custom colour scheme....
Thanks for the support

If I may request for a white / light grey colour scheme to be added for a future release.....?
I will refuse to design light themes until Nokia fixes it's own built-in programs (calendar, e-mail etc) to use themes correctly
Now it feels like waste of time when you really can't use any of those light themes as all-around-themes since some programs are just unusable :-/

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
I will refuse to design light themes until Nokia fixes it's own built-in programs (calendar, e-mail etc) to use themes correctly
Now it feels like waste of time when you really can't use any of those light themes as all-around-themes since some programs are just unusable :-/
Well I can't fault your comment but I have been using another theme called "iStyle LightPhone" which worked very well for me - but granted, I have also had some light themes where text was simply unreadable... No worries, thanks for the reply

Well I can't fault your comment but I have been using another theme called "iStyle LightPhone" which worked very well for me - but granted, I have also had some light themes where text was simply unreadable... No worries, thanks for the reply
Yeah.. iStyle -themes are also my work and with the lightphone -variant there's also heavy issues with calendar & e-mail client

Hi, I just installed v 1.3 from extras.

I sure like how it looks, but I'm having trubble big time..
I cant find the settings-option in the settings menu, I looked where the screenshot sais it should be, and mostly all over the settings menu.

I first installed "Black Plastic Theme" from the appman (couldn't find "Black Plastic Theme Pack") chose it under themes in settings and swiched the N900 off and on. Still nothing, so I switched back (to digital nature) and uninstalled it, then installed from the link at maemo.org (http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...plastic-theme/) and did the same thing, but I get the same results. (I think it's installing the same package, I just did it through the site to be sure I hadn't picked a different package).

I have only used the default themes before so I'm not sure I'm not missing anything important. This is probably a bug in v. 1.3 (?) or perhaps the installscript is missing the colorswitcher.

I'm running the global version of PR 1.2 if that is interesting.

I like the theme (nx) but I sort of feel like I'm missing out on the main feature .

Also on a side note, the top right corner has a rounded corner in the highlight (when clinking) but the button is rectangular, (shouldn't it be like the top left corner?) then again I'm not using the latest one so this might have been fixed already.

Thanks for any help //Habmala

Scheme selector is available from version 2.xx

For some stupid reason maemo.org/downloads shows description from devel-version...

So to clarify:
- extras version 1.3 = does not have scheme selector
- extras-testing version 2.00x = has four schemes and selector
- extras-devel version 2.01x = has seven schemes and improved selector

So if you don't want to wait for current devel or testing version to be promoted to extras (will take 3-10 days) you have to enable testing or devel repository.

Aah, sorry then

I thought it seemd like an oddly large bug. I'll probably try out the testing version later on

Thanks again for a revolutionary way to implement themes.

Coffee theme is now my default. Love it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Habmala View Post
Aah, sorry then

I thought it seemd like an oddly large bug. I'll probably try out the testing version later on

Thanks again for a revolutionary way to implement themes.
Yeah, it's very very confusing that packages that are in extras shows description AND the package "title" from extras-devel version. But luckily the version that has four schemes and selector (the testing one) is promotable to extras hopefully tomorrow (there's ten days quarantee).

But I'm really really sure your phone won't explode if you enable extras-devel and install the latest black-plastic-theme package from there and then disable the devel -repository

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-07-08 at 06:26.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@d-livil

you did something on the transitions? extra smooth on v2.013

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
@d-livil

you did something on the transitions? extra smooth on v2.013
Noup, they are the same.

I only changed the description of the package and made coffee -variation's calendar to fit into rest of the color scheme.