Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
but yes, I myself call those enthusiasts macfags. one common characteristic for them is that they get really pissed if someone switches for example from iPhone to hero (I have never seen such fury.....) and they opinion is that their user cases are universal and you can't have differing needs compared to them.
Funny, I've heard similar items spewed around these parts in the past months...

...more magic needed perhaps, or are we the pixie dust crowd?

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Despite the general skepticism in this thread, I believe that what iball describes as a usage scenario for an iPad or similar is indeed quite valid. I myself had considered in the past getting an N810 to use as a remote for my livingroom computer. I think that a touch screen would add an interesting spin to the interaction with a touch-naive OS, that including the on-screen keyboard...
Pretty much I'm getting one for remote access mainly. Anything else is "bonus".

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
But as iball suggests, this has to be tested first. Now, I wouldn't bother with the tiny screen of iP[od/hone], and the iPad is a couple of months away... In any case, for me the use as a remote terminal to my media PC does not justify the current price, I also have my reservations if the linear browsing model that iball describes fits my flow (while typing a post I often check words/facts/posts in parallel browser sessions, is that even possible with a single-tasking device?).
You cna have multiple web pages/sites open at once with mobile Safari on the iPhone. Tap a button to swipe back and forth across open pages/sites.

Originally Posted by iball View Post
You cna have multiple web pages/sites open at once with mobile Safari on the iPhone. Tap a button to swipe back and forth across open pages/sites.
Do you have a 3GS or an iPod touch 3G? Because in the 128 MB devices, Safari flushes the web page cache more regularly than you're implying. But when someone decides to wrap their own iPhone OS webkit browser, I think they have control of the page cache.

And just as an FYI, the iPhone OS SDK is open for both high-level (run loops) and low-level multi-threading (manual synchronization), so if someone wanted to create a Kitchen Sink for themselves, they could multi-task without jailbreaking. But what alot of work for something that Apple could make optional for the owner of the device. Maybe even let the owner decide what's multi-tasking friendly on a per app basis. I'm dreaming of course, because Apple hates me for my freedom.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Funny, I've heard similar items spewed around these parts in the past months...

...more magic needed perhaps, or are we the pixie dust crowd?
i really mean fury, not regular flamewar -type posts.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Maybe a re-post but here goes... 5 funny I-bash videos...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISlD...eature=related

The Following User Says Thank You to Brunorange For This Useful Post:

Tags
apple, ifarted, ipad, tablet