Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Btw. one of the other algorithms seems to go crazy recently. For example downloaded lyrics for "Skid Row - Monkey Business" start with

Code:
);var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cfc();else{cf_async=!0; var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.get
My providers order is: LyricWiki, DarkLyrics, AZLyrics, ChartLyrics
FWIW I do not have this issue with this song.

Lyrics providers.
AZLyrics, ChartLyrics, LyricsDB, LyricWiki

I have noticed a similar issue on another song but I can't remember which one now, I would have to search for it.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
FWIW I do not have this issue with this song.

Lyrics providers.
AZLyrics, ChartLyrics, LyricsDB, LyricWiki

I have noticed a similar issue on another song but I can't remember which one now, I would have to search for it.
Try redownloading it, it appeared recently.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Try redownloading it, it appeared recently.
I just redownloaded it 5 times and only once did I have your issue. Very odd.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I just redownloaded it 5 times and only once did I have your issue. Very odd.
Maybe the ad is being shown only sometimes

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I have not looked into it yet, because I was quite busy for the last few months and it did not sound that serious to me, but finally this month I am planning to give OMP some love.
Then may I reiterate my feature requests from a bit upthread, lest you missed them while busy (and we all have real lives....)

Most important: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1621 is to address a want in stock MP commented on from the earliest device reviews

More niche, perhaps; http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1621 would be a real usability win in some circumstances.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1628

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-09-13 at 19:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
What the Mediaplayer has long wanted was a method of editing the order of tracks in playlists. Any chance of that being added to OMP?
See http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Pla...found_in_MP.29, the "Playlist editing" part.

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
While I'm doing feature requests...
I imagine I'm not the only one who listens to music or podcass via Bluetooth or FM. To turn either on from the Now Playing screens takes a minimum of 4 taps (3 if you have relevant desktop widgets, but a further 2 are then needed to get back to Now Playing); would it be possible to add simple on/off buttons for BT and FM on any or all of the Now Playing windows?
I don't have a Bluetooth headset, so I don't know what it takes to turn it on, but enabling the FM transmitter is IMO pretty quick (thus not slow enough to justify a new entry in the menus).

It might be difficult to create an algorithm to handle this [1] doesn't have the latin alphabet part, [2] is case insensitive. And this is just a quick search. Although http://lyrics.wikia.com/Эпидемия redirects to the part with latin alphabet, the subpages don't.
Wouldn't opening the artist page and checking for redirections be sufficient? It's also possible to take the first search result returned by LyricWiki, but it can be risky (IMO no lyrics are better than wrong lyrics).

Unfortunately, those options require downloading 2 pages instead of 1. Assuming that the number of hits is significantly greater than the number of misses (including lyrics that really do not exist, not just those with mismatching artist name), the number of pages can be reduced to 1 most of the time by using the 2-page routine only as a fallback (but the worst-case outcome is 3 pages)

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've encountered a small issue with Internet radio streams handling. Every one need to be saved as "video", or it will won't work - even if we're talking about audio-only ones. The radio starts like video (black screen, etc), then moves to audio-only - if you pause it and try to resume, it won't work, again (due to being in audio-only mode, probably), and require being started as "video" one again, from scratch.
Cannot reproduce. Can you provide a specific example of such stream?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I don't have a Bluetooth headset, so I don't know what it takes to turn it on, but enabling the FM transmitter is IMO pretty quick (thus not slow enough to justify a new entry in the menus).
Just playing the devil's advocate, as I use neither MP nor OMP (I prefer Symfonie), but... didn't OMP claim to be a "drop-in replacement for MP"? MP has the FM transmitter menu item in Now Playing...

Cannot reproduce. Can you provide a specific example of such stream?
Sure, mms://stream.polskieradio.pl/program3 for a start.

But, I'm experiencing it with exactly 100% of streams I use (they work only if I mark the "video" button while adding them, and they won't resume after stopping, as explained earlier), so I'm quite surprised that it wasn't reproducible. Maybe it's just me and then, why? Could someone else could test it, too?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just playing the devil's advocate, as I use neither MP nor OMP (I prefer Symfonie), but... didn't OMP claim to be a "drop-in replacement for MP"? MP has the FM transmitter menu item in Now Playing...
Yes, but from what I understood, TomJ was requesting to add another button for FM transmitter, just to toggle it on/off, so it's 2 clicks instead of 4.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sure, mms://stream.polskieradio.pl/program3 for a start.

But, I'm experiencing it with exactly 100% of streams I use (they work only if I mark the "video" button while adding them, and they won't resume after stopping, as explained earlier), so I'm quite surprised that it wasn't reproducible. Maybe it's just me and then, why? Could someone else could test it, too?

/Estel
I entered "mms://stream.polskieradio.pl/program3" in MicroB, OMP popped up with the video window and switched to the radio window after detecting that it's audio only. Then I stopped and started playback a few times and there were no problems with it. Then I selected "Add radio bookmark" from the window menu and saved as audio bookmark. After selecting the saved station from OMP's station list I can play it again and starting/stopping still works.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why it's broken just for you or working just for me. Maybe there's something informative in OMP's terminal output.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Wouldn't opening the artist page and checking for redirections be sufficient? It's also possible to take the first search result returned by LyricWiki, but it can be risky (IMO no lyrics are better than wrong lyrics).

Unfortunately, those options require downloading 2 pages instead of 1. Assuming that the number of hits is significantly greater than the number of misses (including lyrics that really do not exist, not just those with mismatching artist name), the number of pages can be reduced to 1 most of the time by using the 2-page routine only as a fallback (but the worst-case outcome is 3 pages)
Yes, it would be a fix for this particular case. But I'm still convinced that implementing simple overrides is something we can't avoid. It can be as easy as QSettings-based

Code:
QString artist; // is our current, read from the file
artist = settings.getValue("artistOverrides/artistName", artist)
// do something with it
Why? A couple of situations in which overrides are extremely useful:

Misnamed tags (on our or the provider's side). This includes the mentioned wikia problem, capital/small letters issues (no redirects here if name is Cyrillic [1]) or situations where the band changed its name.

Live tracks. Suppose you have a track "I Am The Law (Live)". You can override it and have the lyrics for the real track loaded. Ideally, you would use a regular-expression-based override, but specifying the overrides in a per-track manner is better than no lyrics

Another reason to use it: if we know that artist "Эпидемия" is in fact "Эпидемия_(Epidemia)" we load 1 page instead of 3 per track.

While the fallback strategy would work here, I really encourage you to implement the overrides. Such feature would be beneficial to OMP. The 3-page strategy would work great if being supplemental but on its own is merely a workaround.

[1] http://lyrics.wikia.com/Talk:Lyrics_...ongs.27_lyrics

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse