Notices

Closed Thread
Omg groups working , u are mi idol thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
is anyone else using a lighter theme? for me this app seems to follow text colours but not the individual message background colour, my sent messages are shown as dark grey text on a dark grey background
i mean like this
Attached Images

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Question to the long time forum lurkers, if I add a poll to this thread, can I remove it later? or it'll stay forever?

Name:  Screenshot-20120608-081244.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  20.6 KB

how to see unknow peopel mobile number in yappari .... look this scrin shot i dont know who is lambha he was sending mag on my yappari .. he is my relativ yet i am asking give me your number bicuz i just can view name i cant view mob num .. this name is i am not stored in my clint its auto display

sorry for my bad english

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-08 at 02:57.

You just can't naru. Looking at contact information is not implemented (yet).

As a workaround, just ask him for the number.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You just can't naru. Looking at contact information is not implemented (yet).

As a workaround, just ask him for the number.
ok i am thats why asking becuz s60 we can view number and name stutus also we can view on s60 real clint well this is not big issue.. i just asking for my knowlege

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
There was a way, if I could only remember it
freemangorden i am your big fan...
scropius may be this man can help u if u need some help... i know about it he is realy ginus... he was given facebook widget solution some days ago... i lik this devloper

Anyway it won't work.

Unfortunately the smart people that developed Maemo created a hildon-desktop plugin called libhildon-plugins-notify-sv where they defined categories:

sms-message
voice-mail
chat-message
auth-request
chat-invitation
email-message

If you use one of those categories, the notifications are shown, the tone in your profile is played, the led notification is shown, it vibrates, it shows the icon for the category and it attaches to the corresponding window.

I'm using chat-message so if you haven't noticed yet the notification attaches to the conversation window (if you have Conversations open and you receive a Yappari notification you'll see what I mean).

If I don't use a category I lose everything. I lose: vibration, LED notification, sound (which I could program separately) and the most important thing: notification updates. A notification without a category *can't be updated* no matter what, so I can't stack notifications.

Since Maemo notifications are that broken I just don't know what to do. If you receive messages from different contacts from Yappari you'll see they all stack in the same notification. That sucks and I can't do anything about it. Also it attaches to the conversation window. I can't change the icon either, etc.

Nokia should open libhildon-plugins-notify-sv so we can fix this. I think I'm not gonna lose more time with notifications and leave it as it is right now. I could make Yappari auto-close the notification if you click on the chat window to make them less of an annoyance that they are not attached to the Yappari chat window.

I'm so disappointed on how broken Maemo is. Programming Yappari time is 95% trying to make something work on Maemo and 5% actual progress in the developing.

EDIT - MORE RANTING

I think my next project will be porting notify-osd (the notification daemon used in Ubuntu) to Maemo and add ringtones, vibration and LED alerts by following the user profile, and just don't use libhildon-plugins-notify-sv anymore. It's way too broken.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-08 at 04:44.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Just a suggestion:

I don't know anything about programming, but like user I think that could be awesome if yappari will work like the other full integrated IM services (amsn, skype, fb, etc...).

As I sad before, I'm a noob on this themes and I don't know how difficult could be that, but thats my opinion like a user of N900.

BTW: Sorry my bad english :/

I first tried to integrate Whatsapp protocol into the IM services but then I thought it wasn't worth it. You'd lose the custom smileys, the multimedia messaging (the MOST important feature of Whatsapp is that you can send pictures and voice messages) and several other stuff.

So then I decided to make it standalone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp