Hello Blowfish,

deleting and re-pairing did i already without success. The DC800 has no controls but with my E51 volume is OK. Think this is the latest version found in the repository 1.0rc1-maemo.29.n8x0.

Any other idea?

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Anybody here using Logitech FreePulse headset? Looks like it has problems with audio clipping when used with soundtracks which have audio volume maximized. A workaround is to reduce volume either in the player program or in bluez SBC encoder. If you encounter audio quality issues like clicks or 'frying pan' noise which are not defects of the original audio file itself of course, please let me know.

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting A2DP to work on my nokia N810. I followed the instructions in the first post. Are those instructions still current?

I'm running the latest version of the OS. The a2dp-support package installs correctly, and running a2dp firstrun and a2dp enable also seems to work. I am running mplayer version 1.0rc1-maemo.29.n8x0. When I try to play a file, I recieve the following error:

alsa-lib: pcm_bluetooth.c:1589bluetooth_init) BT_GETCAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)

The bluetooth headset I'm using is paired prior to this and it does (is advertised to) support a2dp. I double(triple) checked the address given to a2dp firstrun. It works in non-A2DP mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is another method for enabling a2dp, I'd love to know. I know my way around linux quite well, but I am new to the n810, bluetooth, and maemo.

Nathan

This sometimes happens (no idea why), try re-pairing your headset with the N810 and running the "runfirst" script again.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
This sometimes happens (no idea why), try re-pairing your headset with the N810 and running the "runfirst" script again.
I tried this many times already but it did not help. Thanks anyway.

Nathan

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by nadolph View Post

Nathan
Another thing to watch out is to unpair anyother bluetooth devices that are already authorised to the headset.

I had a nokia n95-4 which was also paired to the headset and this caused a problem. Deactivate the bluetooth on the phone and repairing solved the problem.

I feel your pain, I had lots of frustration getting it setup when I first got my headset (and lots of wasted time debugging my DSP code when it was the fault of Bluez all the time, aargh!). If you do work out what the issue is please do post and let everyone know.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
If you do work out what the issue is please do post and let everyone know.
I haven't tried getting A2DP to work in for the last week or so, but I tried again today and it worked. I didn't do anything special, just rebooted, repaired, re-ran A2DP runfirst. I guess I just got lucky. Thanks everyone for your help.

Nathan

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
This broke my MD-5W speakers. The a2dp profile is missing now.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
ah, got things working with my bt8010's. just had to turn of the tablet siunds so that the headset didnt go into phonecall mode every time i touched the phone.

also, one cant do much else while playing music...