Posts: 90 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by snuski View Post
i cant uppdate cause it says problem unabl to update
check details and remove the app causing the problem via apt-get remove, had ur problem...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
not only that, it still uses the old hildon desktop. The main bugfix that i really noticed was the pulseaudio i have to admit nokia did a good job on that. lets hope there are more to come.
The only good thing is snappier (better RAM and CPU cycle management) and Pulse Audio, this is what it should have been since the beginning for the N900.
I'm quite surprise that there isn't any changes to the leaked version of the OS.

It seems like the leaked version was the only packaged version of OS. I thought we are expecting something better than the beta testing image, so I reflashed it back to PR1.2 and waiting for PR1.3 via OTA but quite disappointed that PR1.3 is pretty the same as the leaked PR.PE version. Lol wasted me a lot of time and Gigs in downloading over 140apps back onto my N900.

i tried but got internet conection error has it something to do with my firewall maybie?

The Following User Says Thank You to snuski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
What is Pulse Audio?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
It is not worth waiting at all. Disappoinment is the only word that popped up in my head.
Self-induced disappointment from overblown expectations is your own fault

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The only good thing is snappier (better RAM and CPU cycle management) and Pulse Audio, this is what it should have been since the beginning for the N900.
I'm quite surprise that there isn't any changes to the leaked version of the OS.
It was leaked so closely to the current image's release that I suspect there wouldn't have been time for any.

I thought we are expecting something better than the beta testing image, so I reflashed it back to PR1.2 and waiting for PR1.3 via OTA but quite disappointed that PR1.3 is pretty the same as the leaked PR.PE version. Lol wasted me a lot of time and Gigs in downloading over 140apps back onto my N900.
Well, that's your own fault. Hope you're happy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Yeah ahh was any of the main issues solved? Like the "Hildon Bug." It may be to soon to know but the "Hildon Bug" is a thorn in the N900!

Originally Posted by bobaseth View Post
Yeah ahh was any of the main issues solved? Like the "Hildon Bug." It may be to soon to know but the "Hildon Bug" is a thorn in the N900!
What "Hildon Bug"? Can you point out a bugzilla id?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Purely subjective, but
a) I haven't noticed any audio stutter so far. The litmus test will be installing a new application while listening to something.
b) mail is faster
c) upgrade process was easy. remove offending extras-devel package which prevented the update, update via application manager, re-install power-kernel, reboot. All working as before.
d) transitions seem to be smoother

ps Nokia really disappointed me with this update because I was expecting it to upgrade my N900 to four cores and 8GB of RAM

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2010-10-26 at 00:16.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
What is Pulse Audio?
Some sort of N900 sound weapon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *the_newbie* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
what a waiste of time....to think i have waited this long for this update....NOKIA...wtf. this is an insult.

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatulent troll, richard cranium