Notices

Originally Posted by tps View Post
What 'doesn't work' for the tabletrepo site? It's literally the same repo as Wolf08.
I uninstalled Canola2 and reinstalled from the us.tabletrepo.com repo. It went fine. Remember, you have to disable every other repo except the main Nokia one before trying to install off this one or Wolf08s. We're playing games with the dependencies to not rely on the Nokia ones which may or may not be up and serving files.

Tim

I successfully installed canola2 via the wolf08 method the other day, but i started to wonder what will happen inthe future--what if one of the dependent filles gets updated in maemo extra...will it get updated in the wolf repo?
as someone said, we are kinda playing games to workaround the hosed server, but i would rather have things correct, once the servers get un-hosed.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Simply disable wolf08's repo and re-enable the others after install. Then when Nokia or more specifically Python 2.5 in the maemo Extras repo gets worked out, your apps will update when necessary and all will be golden.

Thank you ! ..after disabling extras ....it worked !

:-)

I'm having trouble. i've disabled all the libraries except Tom's and was able to install 2 of the 3 files but it fails to download canola2. any help would be appreciated.

I dont know what to do either.
After disableing all but two repos (main nokia & wolf08's) I did not even see canola as an option anymore.
Any help ?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi guys, I was able (testing) to clean install disabling everything (of course the nokia ones were not available to disable) and then clicking on the install file provided by the tabletrepo ( I placed a graphical link also on my site). Can you send us the LOG when you get the error this can help us help you.

[ http://www.tabletrepo.com/ ] <- make sure to disable all other repos.
BR

Marcelo

Ok, So First post...

I went through what application packages need to be installed in canola2, and searched through gronmayer, and came up with these as the ones not listed...
python2.5 efl-core (0.9.1.041-maemo.1),
python2.5 (2.5.1-1osso3),
python2.5 xml (0.8.4-1osso9),
efl-core (0.9.1.041-maemo.3)

I am going to try to go in red pill to see if i can find any of these...

all the other requested stuffs were available in 2007 bora as well as 2008 chinook...

maybe that's all that it is, a few missing files?

although most seem to be in the above link...

Last edited by dandan; 2007-12-26 at 21:14. Reason: mispelt somethings...

searching again, on gronmayer those files ARE available, but only on bora...
they are available on http://us.tabletrepo.com/chinook/testing/ as well though... but I cannot get them to work,

Cannot install? because of repository overcrowded? or because files missing, think the error messages could be more vague?

what to do, what to do...

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
thank you you for this solution. after days of battling, i had it installed within minutes with this repo.

in future, could we please have a mod add a sticky to any essential apps.