If it's supposed to be N900's successor, then i want everything n900 got, plus :
Hardware :
-Larger screen ala Dell Streak
-4 row QWERTY
-Better camera
-Hot Swappable MMC
-capacitive screen
-1Ghz processor

Software :
-Meego must be better than Maemo,
retains all the good features (multitasking, speed, etc)
-Fix Maemo's weaknesses that available in other phones (REAL MMS, Java support, etc)
-Better chatting apps

Any other ideas?
They might actually read this

Last edited by deny_winarto; 2010-06-13 at 12:24.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I'm hoping Nokia make another phone with a qwerty keyboard. Unfortunately I'm extremely confident for reasons I can't go in to, that the next non symbian device won't have one. What I'd like to see is the n97 form factor with a linux kernel based system (don't care for meego, maemo is fine). The lighter, smaller n97 was more comfy for me to type on compared to the n900 and had noticably better battery life even if half as good as the e90!

• Voice dial
    GPS navigation on par with Google Maps for Andriod
    Voice control

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
for me, i do not know,

i believe the n9 (or whatever the next generation) is different, or let us say, not worth comparing with maemo 5

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Motorola will be arriving with a 2Ghz processor on their new milestone device....

I would like to see that on the new Nokia's too

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Hmm, the only thing I would wish for is a 3.8" screen, and a thinner profile with better battery life, with increased performance..

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
-1Ghz processor...hell no.

-2Ghz processor and bigger screen

Thx

the problem will be the power...

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-06-13 at 13:43.

I want an multicore intel or arm 2 GHZ OVERCLOC-ABLE processor,gpu,nvidia tegra,multitouch screen and the other things you have already mentioned

ANDROID AND MEEGO(DUAL BOOT)

4.5 inches screen

I want programs like pocket informant and hicalc to be installable to these OS I have already mentioned.

I want the battery to last 3 - 3,5 days.

The camera must at least 8 MP WITH DHR

Last edited by nokia_n900_user; 2010-06-13 at 14:08.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
what do you guys need a bigger CPU for that's worth trading off with? (power, cost, size)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
what do you guys need a bigger CPU for that's worth trading off with? (power, cost, size)
As I said before. power is the problem(and maybe heat). But size and cost is no problem.

But it would be really boring if motorola could create a beast and nokia can't for same cost.

Tags
keep dreaming!