Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
may i know is there any better thing on the earth than our beloved mighty N900 with the hardware it has and ofcourse software is way ahead of any crapy OS,lemme know if you find one? beside that is there any community more willing than N900 owns?
i think as far as this community rocks i am gonna stick to my N900,even if it takes years and years .
it has been 4 months or so ,there has not been a single day ,i could take my fingers off from my N900,multitasking(video+audio+calls+my paint+pen pen) what the hell?it is fking awesome )) i love it <3 ,cant even compare it.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
Went to that link, saw an incorrect use of 'literally' and stopped reading right there.

I think android is a decent platform, I much prefer it to iOS. Fragmentation is really letting it down though, it'd be much nicer if vendors kept everything to a standard
Maybe you should have kept on reading until you developed some sense of humor.

As to fragmentation, I have seen none on my Dell Streak...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes, podcasts aren't streaming audio. What a buffoon!
Right, cause people flock to the best page in the universe to learn correct technical definitions...

There are multiple advantages of not streaming an audio, bandwith being one of the main ones. In that case, one should simply download the podcast (audio file) to ones device and play it with a dedicated player -- there would be no issues with interrupted playback then.

But of course, "download a file" and "open with a dedicated player" is too much to ask from todays m0ronic web2.0-users and podcast lovers...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Well, to answer a few questions, I just clicked a link on a site that made no mention of what file format the podcast may or may not be in. As a matter of fact, I had never listened to a podcast before, otherwise I'd have known to save the mp3 file and play it in the media player.

My point was that ANY interaction with the phone caused the playback to be completely lost. I received calls on my N900 while listening to local or streaming music. The music stopped, the phone started ringing, I answered, talked, hung up, and then my music resumed automatically.

Even if I had clicked on another podcast link, you know what? My expected behaviour would be for BOTH to start playing. I clicked two links, and the phone damn better start playing both things at once. That is what I told it to do, right? Why should it decide for me?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
but but but... isnt there an app for that? :P

I think Maddox's point is how, suddenly, old technologies become "cool" once they get a "hip" name.

Ah, the vulgarization of the web...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
Even if I had clicked on another podcast link, you know what? My expected behaviour would be for BOTH to start playing. I clicked two links, and the phone damn better start playing both things at once. That is what I told it to do, right? Why should it decide for me?
Fair enough, but you can't say that Android sucks just because it doesn't behave as you expect. There is logic in suspending processes when the window is in the background.

Page loading continues in multiple open windows, and playback from the stock audio player as well as from several applications that I've tested continues in the background and stops upon interruptions such as incoming calls as expected. So clearly the problem isn't one of capabilities of the OS, but rather of a particular implementation of the browser behavior.

And that problem can be easily circumvented by downloading the file, or using a different browser. This is very different than situations when you simply cannot find a solution because of severe limitations of the system or lacking control options.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
so podcast is still just a cool word for audio file, right?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
Yeah, I only got the Desire because I was tired of always using dead platforms... It's like I have the kiss of death on all the gadgets I use.

Spanning 15 years, I killed the Psion, the original Palm and now the N800/N810/N900.
Can we organise a collection, so this guy can buy Nokia Windows phones please...

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
so podcast is still just a cool word for audio file, right?
Plus RSS.

(And an annoying voice. And bad intro music that violate copyright law. And...)

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
huge chunks, you're no fun