Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
♫ and now... the end is near... so this thread faces... the final curtain ♫

...thank you, all, for making this such an EPIC thread...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yes! After many months of monitoring this thread with impotent jealousy, I will now get my very own sweet N9 soon! This is thanks to Nokia's Ideasproject N9 challenge (http://www.ideasproject.com/communit...?view=overview) where two of my ideas I just won!

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
The N9 has the ability to run multiple browser windows, but switching with them is not currently possible with only one gesture. Ejas's idea is one of the best suggested ones on how to enable quick switching between open windows.

Excellent idea Ejas.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Reading this thread tormented me for months. It was wonderful. Thanks to all that made it as awful and compelling as it was.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cortek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Took long enough for this damned phone to come out. Too bad there wasn't a worthwhile tablet running this OS yet but then Elop didn't even want a phone.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
White N9 now available in Finland! From www.verkkokauppa.com

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naughty For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
for those interested in the white N9, there's a dedicated thread.

Originally Posted by Naughty View Post
White N9 now available in Finland! From www.verkkokauppa.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Portland, OR, USA
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
foldering support is coming in update release. We are working on it.
@konttori:
My suggestion would be to look into the possibility of using the horizontal separator widget (which is so prevalent on all other screens in N9) to create user-defined groups of icons. This would allow users to separate apps by category, e.g. Connectivity, Utilities, Games, Browser Favorites, etc.

BTW, what is the approximate expected release date of the folder capability you mention?

I am an experienced software engineer and would be glad to help in this effort, if you need additional hands.

Last edited by badhare; 2011-12-08 at 18:47. Reason: Added note

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by badhare View Post
My suggestion would be to look into the possibility of using the horizontal separator widget (which is so prevalent on all other screens in N9) to create user-defined groups of icons. This would allow users to separate apps by category, e.g. Connectivity, Utilities, Games, etc.

BTW, what is the approximate expected release date of the folder capability you mention?

I am an experienced software engineer and would be glad to help in this effort, if you need additional hands.
Who are you speaking to, or did you mean to post in another thread?
Folders were confirmed for 1.2 IIRC, search this blog post of konttori's where he answers qns
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co....html?spref=tw.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Portland, OR, USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Who are you speaking to, or did you mean to post in another thread?
Folders were confirmed for 1.2 IIRC, search this blog post of konttori's where he answers qns
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co....html?spref=tw.
My apologies, this was a response to konttori's post #370 posted in this thread on 06-21-11. I just added a quote from his post to mine.

What is the expected release date for PR1.2? (It is PR you're talking about, right? BTW, what's IIRC? Something to do w/ "Release Candidate", perhaps? )

Last edited by badhare; 2011-12-08 at 18:48. Reason: Edit

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????