Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Advanced power +#-+#@d up my phone. After installation, things happened. It said charging but wasn't, didn't start charging but did, sometimes it took 20 mins to say charging, and sometimes I had unexplained battery drain, but explained it away as "didn't charge in the first place".

Removed it and it's solid again. Other people reported no issues, so I left it alone.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I will try and see if any difference with and without those apps.
By saying kernel, I expect that you mean overclocking. I usually leave it at stock 600mhz cause i have been feeling there is not much gain in setting mhz. If i do, max i will set at 1Ghz.
Originally Posted by yauchildchew View Post
do u mean me?
i dont have pedometer, i did have it before.

anyway, even if we have crap apps installed, or many similar apps like batterygraph and battery eye installed. i wonder if they will use the cpu/memory resources if i do not launch them.

in this case (battery monitoring), i think the apps dont run in the background, i am not sure but i guess there is a stock feature which records the battery performance. And the battery apps extract the battery info to produce the graphs. So, having them but not launching them is not gonna be a cause for the unresponsiveness, according to my limited judgement.
Oh ****, my mistake bro. Thats why you have a silky smooth ui on a device that lasts almost 2 days with only 25 or so wakeups per second when in idle and I have a massivly lagging piece of ****.

oops, wait...

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Advanced power +#-+#@d up my phone. After installation, things happened. It said charging but wasn't, didn't start charging but did, sometimes it took 20 mins to say charging, and sometimes I had unexplained battery drain, but explained it away as "didn't charge in the first place".

Removed it and it's solid again. Other people reported no issues, so I left it alone.
agreed, advanced power is total bollocks.

Yeah Adv power slows device down, but at the same time the overclock ability makes a r£)(arded amount of difference, its like the N900 has recieved a large boost in hardware, and i only run at 805 from time to time.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Agreed. First time I clocked it to 800 I understood this phone was never meant to run at 600. It was designed, and likely tested, at higher clock. Anything over 600 makes a difference because when Phone hits it's the difference between frozen and unusable and multitasking.

You can feel the drain, though. Dramatic drop in battery life.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I haven't noticed any bad effects from Advanced Power. In fact, I'm under the illusion my battery life is better since I started running it a few weeks ago, though I don't think it's supposed to do that.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
My phone was running very slow after 2 days, but then I got rid of extra homescreen widgets I didn't *really* need, and now I have 5 days of uptime, and my phone has not started to lag yet!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
I got tired of my N900 being very slow and unresponsive. When N900 came out, I went and got it on the first day, and it was so impressive and fast. But now it seems like a downhill from that glorious day.

So i flashed it again for the 3rd time with PR1.3 - No help there, still the same unresponsive slow device. I reset the phone to factory defaults - no change on usability. I was about to throw the damn thing to a wall, that's how frustrated i was.

Then I stumbled on to this thread of the Maemo Community Firmware Update : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67905
Wiki page of the Community Software update. http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

I installed the Maemo Community SSU, and let it boot my device after installation. And woah was I amazed. Phone booted up extremely fast. N900 was so fast and so responsive I thought I'd hit a time warp or something .

Everything opens, scrolls and happens right away!! I truly recommend you to try this out!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Naughty For This Useful Post:
Thank you Naughty, I have been suffering with this problem for ages, untill I could not stand it no more and tried to look for a solution. I made a reinstall of firmware through Nokia Softvare Updater, but did not help at all. But this community SSU is simply awesome, I now have it powered on few days(before I had to restart every day) and experience no lag at all. My N900 is now fast as I always wished it to be. I recommend this to everybody!

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
And I've got such a problem: when I get out fromthe locked device it takes several seconds to start an app from a shortcut
How can I fix it?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Tags
you're a mess